Single Mother

Warnings - single mom, showing up unexpected, allusions to smut, coming out

I heard a knock at my door. I told Rose to continue eating her snack while I got it. I opened the door, and I was shocked to see Timothée. He was grinning ear to ear and holding flowers.

"Hello," he said excitedly.

"Timmy, what are you doing here?" I demanded.

"I thought maybe we could do what we did last night a couple more times," he said suggestively, and leaned in for a kiss. I put a hand to his chest.

"I haven't been completely honest with you," I said carefully.

"What do you have another guy in there or something?" He asked, grinning.

"No, another girl," I said.

"Wait, you're bi?" He asked.

"Yes, but that isn't what I meant. Timothée, I have a kid," I said, waiting for the rejection. I hadn't met anyone that was okay with me having a child.

"That's awesome!" He said, eyes widening. "And she's a little girl I'm assuming?"

"Y-yes," I said in shock.

"That's so cool. I really admire you for being a single mom," he said, caressing my cheek.

"N-no one reacts like this, what are you?" I asked.

"I'm sorry people have been so shitty, but I love kids. I'm sure you're an amazing mom," he said gently. I had told myself this wouldn't happen for a while, but he was being so incredible.

"Would you like to meet her?" I asked.

"Really?" He asked, eyes wide.

"Sure, she's awake and happy, now is the best time."

"O-okay," he stuttered out. He crept in the room as though he'd startle the girl.

"Who's dat?" Rose asked, pointing at Timothée from her high chair. She was always very curious.

"This is Timothée, mommy's friend," I introduced her.

"You can call me Timmy," he said sweetly.

"Timmy sounds like Kitty," she giggled. This was how, even when she got older, Timothée's nickname was forever Kitty.