30th

Info - near death, trauma, hospital, injury

I'd nearly lost him. I was trying to hold myself together for him as he recovered. I said basic things like he looked pretty even in his hospital bed. He didn't even remember calling me.

"Honey, you need to go home and rest," he said sweetly. Moments ago he'd been staring into space. He'd been doing that a lot since the accident. I was so used to him talking all the time, always engaging me. I'd asked the doctor about it and he'd said trauma could do that. Trauma, my baby had endured a trauma I hated it.

"No, I'm never leaving your side again," I said, kissing his bruised hands.

"I feel like this has been really hard on you," he whispered. I couldn't help the trembling lip and the tears.

"I almost lost my husband. I can't think of anything else. What if that phone call was the last time I spoke to you? I can't-" I began to hyperventilate as I spoke the words I'd only thought in my mind.

"Come in the bed," he requested.

"You're sore," I hesitated.

"I don't care, come here," he said. I felt bad that I was needing comfort when he'd been in the crash. I snuggled with him and rested my head against his chest to listen to his steady heart beat.

"I'm not going anywhere Mon amour, and if I do, I'm fighting to get back to you asap," he whispered.