Lucky

Info - friends being assholes, young dad, young husband, new baby

"Shut up, you sound like a Karen," I heard my husband say in the headphones of his game. I was holding our new baby in my arms beside him. I laid my head on his shoulder and then kissed it. He smiled down at me.

He leaned down and kissed me thoroughly. He was very touchy with me and I was so glad him watching me give birth hadn't changed that.

"Shut up, yeah I'm kissing my wife, you WISH you had a wife to kiss!"

"No, I'm fine with taking a pause," he said a bit later. I booped the nose of little drew.

"You guys suck, I'm playing alone," Timothée finally snapped and threw the headphones off his head.

"What is the issue baby?" I asked him.

"All my friends were making fun of me for being a husband and a dad so early," he said with an eye roll. He gathered me and Drew to him happily.

"They said I'm wasting my prime career time," he said.

"Is that how you feel?" I asked him.

"Course not! Why would I have proposed and gotten so excited about the pregnancy if that's how I felt? I adore being your husband, and being a young dad is exhilarating. I value both more than my career."

"How did I get so lucky?" I asked and kissed him.

"I ask myself the same thing all the time sweet heart," he said, and nuzzled his nose with mine.