The Crow

Warnings - jump scare, allusions to smut

I was putting on the finishing touches to my makeup. I was Starry Night by Van Gogh. I'd painstakingly mirrored the image onto my face with makeup. All my accessories were of the painting. My socks, earrings, skirt, sweater, necklace, and even shoes were Starry Night themed. I wore a headband of stars. I was happy with the look. I was about to curl my hair when I felt uneasy for a moment. Was someone here? Was someone watching me?

I tried to ignore the feeling, as I turned on the curling iron. I felt the feeling again and looked around. I bit my lip, having seen nothing to back up my fears.

"Boo!" I heard the noise and my heart stopped. Then I heard the laughter. I turned to see my boyfriend who had crept into my apartment with the key I'd given him.

"I hate you!" I said, slapping his arm lightly. "You nearly gave me a panic attack!"

"You look really good Mon Amor," he said, sounding impressed.

"Yeah, well you look, well I'll be damned, you look really sexy," I said, taking him in.

"The Crow?" I asked.

"Yeah, I really enjoyed it when you showed it to me," he said with a spin. "So I decided to surprise you!"

"Hmmm, I think we have some time before the party starts," I smirked.

"To do what?" He asked dangerously, knowing exactly what I meant.

"Don't ruin my makeup," I said as I kissed him.