The John Mulaney Situation

A/N - he used to be my favorite comedian until all the transphobic stuff came out. I still think he's funny, but it isn't the same.

Info - cheating Timothée, getting mistress pregnant, not wanting kids, broken heart, mention of therapy, mentions of a cancer scare, divorce, toxic breakup

"You said you never wanted kids," I sobbed. Timothée wasn't even looking at me. He was staring adoringly at a sonogram picture.

"I didn't, but this is so different," he said. Did he even care that he'd cheated?

"You don't even care!" I snapped.

"I'm sorry, but this is the beginning of something amazing. I'm a different person now. I realize she was what I needed all along," he said solemnly.

"So all those years of love and marriage mean nothing to you?" I demanded.

"Not nothing, we had a good time, but it just wasn't meant to be," he said, running a hand through his hair.

"I help you through a cancer scare and this is how you repay me?" I sobbed.

"Look, I love you, I'm just not in love with you."

"Get out, get the fuck out. I don't care how toxic this is to say. Know I'll never fucking get over you or this! Know that while you're living your happy life, I'm dying inside. If you ever wonder if you're a bad person, know you're the reason for someone's therapy bill!"

He slunk out. I fell to the floor. I held myself as I sobbed.