Yes Again

Info - crying, mentions of love making, sex outside mentioned, subtle flex

"And the Oscar goes tooooo.... Y/n y/l/n!"

"Baby it's you, you won!" Timothée said, urging me up. I was in utter shock. I couldn't believe this was real life.

"Thank you so much, this is a dream come true! I want to thank my director, and of course my family. Most of all-"

Timothée was weeping, brushing tears away from his beaming face.

"Stop it baby, you know when you cry I cry," I said emotionally. He just shook his head at me.

"I want to thank Timothée, fuck," I said and waved a hand in front of my eyes, trying to stop the welling tears.

"You've been my rock, and my teddy bear, and my counselor, and my fucking best friend," I said, choking on the words as he cried even harder. It was pointless to resist the urge anymore, and I let the tears flow.

"Never in all my life did I think I'd find someone like you. The only reason I'm holding this award is because of your constant love and care. These past years have been the best of my life. I love you more than anything," I said and blew a kiss to him. He raised a hand to catch it as he always did.

I ran offstage with the Oscar and threw myself into his waiting arms. I kissed him deeply, fully aware of the cameras on us, but not caring.

"I love you my girl, you deserve a thousand of those," he said.

"We can put it next to yours at home," I said giddily, our foreheads still pressed together.

Later Timothée took a road in the car that led away from our shared house.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"You'll see," he said and kissed my hand. I recognized it pretty fast. We got out of the car and he lead me over to the tree swing in the small secluded park.

"Sit princess," he smiled.

"Timothée, what are you doing?"

"Do you remember what I asked you here?" He asked with a smirk.

"Of course, you asked me to be your girlfriend while you pushed me," I smiled fondly at the memory.

"Yeah, and you said yes," he added. "I'm really hoping you say yes again," he said and got on one knee. I was in completely shock.

"Like you said on stage, these past couple years have been the best of my life too. Everything you listed about me, you do the same for me and more. I've never met someone I'm more sure of and in love with. The only reason I have any Oscar's is because of you too, I didn't have any before we met. Let's keep winning awards and at life together forever. Marry me?"

"YES OH MY GOSH YES!" I screamed into the night and tackled him. He slipped the ring on my finger before letting me attack him with kisses. We made love right there in the grass.

Afterward he needed to take a picture. He held my Oscar and kissed my cheek. I let my hand rest on his face as I smiled, a subtly way of showing off my ring.

"So proud of my girl! 💖💖💖" he captioned it on Instagram. As we drove home I smiled at all the wildly happy comments, noting the sparkling ring.