Work For This

Warnings - angst, ignoring, potential break up, touch starved, lonely, fighting for relationship

Avoiding him was hard, but I thought it would probably be easier on both of us in the end. It wasn't that I didn't love him, he was just away so often. I couldn't take the loneliness. He was going away again soon, and I was going to do it before he left. It would break my heart, and his too, but it had to be done.

"Mon Amor," he said delicately. I cringed at the sweet nickname.

"Yes Timothée?" I asked.

"I know what you're doing," he said, and I turned around slowly.

"Making a sandwich?" I tried to joke.

"No, you're going to break up with me," he said said resolutely.

"How did you..."

"I wasn't trying to snoop, but when you asked me to hand you your phone phone the other day, I saw a text from your friend about it," he said, looking at his hands.

"It's not because I don't love you," I tried.

"Then why?" He whispered. "I really, really, don't want you to."

"I'm just so lonely all the time. You're always off places, sometimes I can't even reach you. I want to feel close with someone again, and I wish it was you, but I know it can't be. I'm touched starved as hell, I'm nervous for you all the time, this relationship is doing me more harm than good at the moment," I explained.

"We can make this work," he said resolutely. "You said you didn't want this, I don't either. Come to film with me this time. I'll spoil you and give you a tour around everywhere we go. When we get back and I have to go again and you can't come, I'll work harder to update you and love you from afar. Please, one more chance. I love you. You're the person I want to be with forever."

"You mean that?" I asked, finally relaxing into his body. It felt good, like home. I didn't want to avoid him any more, and everything he said sounded like things I was willing to do.

"I am so willing and ready to fight for you," he whispered in my ear.

"Okay," I told him, heart warming at his words. "I'll stay, for you."

"I promise I'll make it worth your while," he said lovingly.