Unsupportive

Info - unsupportive family, sexism, Timothée with a rocky job, mention of pregnancy

"I'm so excited to tell them," I said happily.

"Me too," he grinned and kissed me before we entered the house. My family was kind as usual, not giving any clues of what they'd do later.

When I said it, it was like I had announced that I was deciding to get a third arm implanted.

"So soon?" My sister asked.

"Well, we really feel good about it," I said.

"Are you pregnant, because you know there's ways to deal with that," my mother said.

"We're not pregnant, just in love," I said a little grumpily.

"Timothée, well doesn't have a real job," my father said.

"He's an actor!" I said incredulously.

"I don't like the idea of my daughter being the bread winner!"

"I love supporting Timothée. I hope he can be a stay at home dad," I said, folding my arms.

"SO YOU ARE PREGNANT!"

"No, I'm not pregnant!" I said wanting to rip my hair out.

"Please, just be happy for us!" I begged.

"Maybe after we process a little," my sister mused.

"That's it, we're going, I can't believe this is how you decided to respond. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity," I snapped at them and grabbed Timothée's hand. I dragged him out, wiping tears from my face.

"Baby, baby slow down, let me hold you," he called.

"I should be the one holding you, Tim they were awful!" I screamed through the snow.

"Y/n do I need to propose all over again. We're together for life. I'll stand by you and prove your parents wrong over and over again if need be."

"Timmy, I love you, I'm sorry," I said, running into his arms.

"I'm with you forever," I promised.

"We could be broke or homeless or something else crazy, I want you forevermore."

"I feel the same about you Timothée, I can't wait to be a Chalamet."