Chapter 60

Harry is nervous.

With shaky hands, he opens the door to a small bakery. He spots an older lady behind the cash register, knowing it must be the owner. He walks over, quickly wiping his palm to his jeans, getting rid off any sweat.

"Hello, I'm Harry Styles," Harry politely introduces himself to the older lady, offering his hand to her.

"Oh hello dear, yes of course you're coming to the job interview," the woman says, shaking Harry's hand.

"Would you like to have something to drink, coffee maybe?"

"Yes thank you, regular one is fine," Harry is taken aback by the kindness of the woman, thinking if he gets the job, at least his boss seems really nice.

"Milk, sugar?"

"Just milk please."

"Come dear, let's go sit in the corner table," the woman rushes past Harry, carrying two cups of coffee and sitting down in the corner table.

It's still quiet around the small bakery, only a few customers around. Harry sits down opposite of the woman, still not knowing her name and wondering if he should ask or not.

"Oh dear, silly me. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Mary Brooks, the owner," the woman realises and Harry nods, offering her a smile.

"So Harry, have you ever worked in a bakery before?"

It's a start of the list of questions, Harry answering truthfully to every single one of them. The woman asks all kinds of questions, including if Harry is a good baker or not. 

She explains how she is specifically looking for someone who could do the pastries, working in the early morning shift. Harry knows this already, it's what the newspaper advertisement said and that is the reason why he applied for this job in the first place.

"Does the working hours suit you?" The woman asks and Harry sips his coffee before beginning to explain the situation.

He tells about Aisling, how he wants a job that ends as early in the afternoon as possible so he can pick her up from school. The woman nods, smiling before asking how old Aisling is.

"She is five," Harry answers.

"I have a proposition to make," the woman announces and Harry nods, getting a bit excited.

"I'd like to offer you a temporary contract for the first month and after that, I can hire you full time if things go well," she explains and Harry starts smiling, feeling extremely happy.

"That sounds good," he breaths out.

"Well, you got yourself a job then," she jokes and Harry laughs a little.

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me dear, you already seem so wonderful. Let me get the papers so we can sign them."

They go through the contract, putting a starting day to the same one when Aisling is starting her school. Harry shakes Mary's hand, thanking her again and telling her he will see her in a few weeks. She shakes her head a bit and tells Harry to stop by before that and Harry promises he will come and bring Aisling with him to buy some cupcakes.

When Harry steps outside the small bakery, he is greeted by a warm wind, softly caressing his face and blowing his hair. He smiles, pulling out his phone and sending a text to Niall, telling he has something important to tell.

He walks to his car, hopping inside and hearing his phone beeping, signaling someone has texted him. He knows it's Niall and he quickly grabs his phone.