Chapter 3

"Daddy! Daddydaddydaddy!"

Niall wakes up when Aisling is bouncing up and down on his bed. He rubs his eyes, taking a minute to realise it's already morning and Aisling has woken up before him. He sits up, resting his back against the back frame of his bed.

"Come here my little monkey," Niall laughs and grabs Aisling, holding her tightly against his chest. She giggles loudly before starting to squirm away from her father's hold.

"You can't get away," Niall singsongs and starts holding Aisling like a baby. He pretends to lull her and Aisling giggles again before poking his cheek.

"Daddy is so silly," she huffs but giggles again when Niall starts singing a lullaby to her.

"Goodnight my little baby," he sings, intentionally with a broken tone.

Aisling does a ridiculous fake laugh, sounding like she is guffawing and Niall bursts out a laugh. They both keep laughing for a while before Niall gets up, gently throwing Aisling over his shoulder.

"Breakfast time," he says and pats Aisling's back when she giggles.

Aisling seems to be happy this morning and Niall silently hopes her good mood will last throughout the day. He thinks it will be easier for Harry and maybe, Aisling will start accepting Harry.

He quickly takes a look at the time when he reaches the kitchen. It's only 8.15, his alarm clock would have went off fifteen minutes from now if Aisling hadn't woken him up.

"Aisling," Niall gently says while Aisling is eating her breakfast.

"I think you should learn to say Harry's name right."

"Hazzy," Aisling immediately says.

"No darling, it's Harry."

"No daddy, Hazzy."

"Darling, Harry."

"Arry," Aisling first says much to Niall's surprise and he is even more surprised when Aisling pronounces Harry's name correctly without any trouble.

"Harry is Hazzy," she states and goes back to eating her porridge.

Niall sighs, thinking he will have to discuss the subject with Harry more and ask him if Aisling can just call him Hazzy, seeing as she has somehow created the nickname and refuses to call Harry anything other than by the nickname.

"Harry is coming here soon," Niall informs Aisling who is still finishing her breakfast.

Niall is eating the left-over porridge, thinking he won't make coffee just yet in case Harry wants to drink some too so he will wait until Harry gets here.

"Should we get you changed before Harry comes?" Niall asks and grabs Aisling's empty bowl, putting it into the dishwasher.

"Hazzy," Aisling corrects with a serious tone.

"Yes, Hazzy," Niall agrees.

"Yes. Make Aisling pretty," Aisling commands and Niall chuckles when she grins happily.

Niall knows what Aisling means with making her pretty. She has been going on about that for a while, it started when she was spending a weekend at her grandma's house and she braided Aisling's hair. Niall can't do things like that, he simply sucks at styling hair so the only thing he really does is he brushes Aisling's locks.

A bit over nine, the doorbell rings and Niall smiles, knowing Harry has arrived.

"Shall we open the door for Harry?" Niall asks from Aisling who just nods, wrapping her small fingers around Niall's pinkie and walking by his side.