Chapter 22

When Niall is driving home from work late Tuesday night, he feels slightly anxious.

The reason for his negative feelings is simply the thought of having to see Harry. Ever since that one weekend, things have been awful and Niall has felt anxious around Harry.

What makes it even worse was the situation they had on Sunday. Niall blushes heavily, thinking Harry wasn't helping at all by what he did.

He has never been in this type of situation before and he has no clue what to do, or how to fix things. He knows he has to, one way or another he needs to fix things with Harry so they can put everything behind them.

He sighs, stopping at a traffic light and rubbing his temples. He thinks he is going to ask Harry to talk with him and if that doesn't help, he should ask Louis' help, his best friend always knows what to do and how to fix things. Louis is possible the best help there is, considering he is some sort of expert in what comes to relationships.

Once Niall parks his car, he starts feeling even more anxious. His heart is beating loud in his chest, his breathing quickening. He takes a few calming breaths, thinking it's going to be alright, there's nothing to feel anxious for.

"I'm home!" He shouts after opening the front door.

He isn't too surprised to hear a loud shriek and then, his daughter is running to the hallway, almost stumbling over her feet as she keeps running towards him.

"Darling," Niall breaths out, crouching down and opening his arms. Aisling runs straight to him, clinging to his neck.

"Hi baby," Niall mumbles and hugs Aisling tightly, pressing his face against her hair and feeling much better already.

"I miss you," he hears Aisling saying.

"I missed you too love, I always do," he says and gives a kiss on her temple.

He easily picks her up, holding her tightly against his chest as he walks towards the living room. The telly is on, Louis laying on the couch while Harry is curled up in the armchair, peacefully sleeping. Niall looks at him, shaking his head a little and thinking he needs to wake the curly haired boy.

"Hey Lou," Niall says as he sits down on the other end of the couch.

"Hi. Was work alright?"

"Same old," Niall huffs a bit.

"Oh right, Harry fell asleep," Louis realises and points at the sleeping figure.

"You should've been here thirty minutes ago," he continues and sits up, pulling out his phone and clicking it open. He soon shows something to Niall whose heart swells from happiness as he looks at a picture Louis has taken.

It's Aisling and Harry, both curled up in the armchair. Aisling is on Harry's lap, tightly on his hold, her cheek pressed against his chest as she watches the telly. Harry is sleeping, somehow still holding Aisling, his head turned on the side.

"Cute huh?" Louis asks and Niall hesitates but ends up nodding.

"Are you hungry love?" Niall asks from Aisling, caressing her back. She is sitting on his lap, clinging to his shirt, her cheek pressed against his chest.

"Yes," he hears a small mumble.

"I'll make some dinner," Louis decides, getting up and reaching his arms towards Aisling. Niall lifts her up, giving her to Louis who carries the little girl to the kitchen.

Niall sighs, looking at Harry's sleeping figure for a moment. He watches intensively, taking even the smallest details, a smile spreading on his face as he keeps looking at the younger boy. After minutes of staring he decides it's enough and he gets up, walking to Harry.