Chapter 2

Harry wakes up at seven in the morning when his phone goes off, telling him it's time to get up. He knows he didn't necessarily need to get up this early but he wanted to give himself more time to get ready for the first day of work.

Harry has some mixed feelings. He is excited to go back to Niall's and to meet Aisling for the first time but on the other hand, he feels extremely nervous. Niall seemed nice enough and he sure is a sight for sore eyes but Harry doesn't really know him well enough to tell more about him.

He is also scared he will somehow screw this opportunity up. It's a great chance and he doesn't want to lose it. He thinks this job would be perfect for him since Aisling is already four years old and an only child. Harry knows it's easier to handle just one child instead of having to deal with four, and he also knows Aisling is most likely pass her negative age. Or if not, the worst stage should be over already.

Since Harry used to study the topic, he knows quite a bit about children. He is confident about his knowledge and thinks he shouldn't have too much trouble with Aisling. His biggest fear is that Aisling isn't raised well and she is some kind of little monster but Harry thinks Niall seemed nice and smart, so he is sure Niall has raised his daughter well.

Harry knows how different children can be, each of them being their own person. Some kids are shy of strangers, some talk more than the others, some are nicer, some more stubborn. He starts thinking about the most important advice he has ever heard, regarding of a situation when you're meeting a child for the first time.

The first one is, be yourself. Children sense things easily and they are also more honest and straight forward and tend to tell every opinion they have. Harry knows pretending is extremely stupid because children might catch on that quite easily. The saying 'out of the mouth of babes' is  completely true.

The second one is, let the child come to you. Harry knows if a child is shy, you shouldn't force things and try to impress them. Some things take time and in this case, Harry knows the first few days are the most critical ones. He knows that once a child decides something, it's not easy to change the opinion they already have.

While driving to Niall's house, Harry keeps thinking about how important first impressions are. He hasn't really planned anything because he thinks it's best if he lives by the moment. Since he doesn't know Aisling at all, he can't really plan anything too much and thinks he should just see how she is and go from there.

When Harry turns to Niall's street, his heart starts beating faster as he gets nervous. He knows he has nothing to be nervous for since he is quite confident but still, he can't help but to feel slightly scared. It would be easier if he knew what to expect but he feels like he is blind-folded, and can only rely on his instincts.

Harry parks his car and tries to smooth his hair down. He didn't bother styling it this morning, he never really does. He just lets his curls be in their natural form which is, well, curly and all over the place.

He checks out his clothes too, thinking he has managed to make quite a good choice of clothing. He is wearing a simple outfit, blue jeans and a grey jumper along with a fake leather jacket. It's nothing special but it shouldn't be either. He thinks it's best if he keeps his looks simple and doesn't go overboard.

He hops out of his car and quickly walks to Niall's front door. The cold wind causes Harry to shiver and suddenly, he hopes he would have worn a warmer jacket. It's the start of December and going around wearing only a leather jacket isn't exactly the smartest move.

"Good morning." Niall has suddenly opened the front door. Harry quickly realises he has been zoning out and completely missed the part where he should have heard Niall's footsteps and the door opening.