Chapter 19

On Thursday night, Harry is laying on his bed and staring at his ceiling.

He feels a bit miserable, thinking back to last weekend and recalling things that happened. Harry spent time with Niall which was amazing, and the moments they shared got Harry's hopes up. He really thought things would change, that maybe he could have a chance with Niall.

Instead of things changing, everything has stayed the same. Niall has acted just the same during the week, mainly being friendly but occasionally, flirting around a bit. To Harry, it feels frustrating and he knows if it keeps happening long enough, he might explode.

He needs things to change. He would be fine being just Niall's friend, well not exactly fine, but he is sure he would learn to live with it. What he isn't fine with, is Niall's current behaviour. The way he is friendly but still, gets Harry's hopes up by doing not-so-friendly things like holding Harry's hand.

Harry knows he needs to do something. There are two options, he could either make a move on Niall or completely friendzone him. He thinks about it more, realising his only actual option is to make a move on Niall. 

Harry wonders if he could ask for someone's help. Liam isn't home so he can't help and Harry knows calling to his mother isn't a very good option either. He starts thinking about it more, realising there's really only one option left he could use.

"Well hello Harry, what a nice surprise," a happy sounding voice greets him after picking up the call.

"Hi Bobby. How are you?"

Harry thinks it's funny, how he actually called Niall's father to ask him to help with Niall. He wonders if it's wrong but quickly decides it's really not, after all Bobby was the one who first started talking about getting Niall and Harry together.

"Alright son, here's what you're going to do," Bobby says after Harry has explained everything.

Bobby begins to tell his idea and much to Harry's surprise, he thinks it sounds pretty good. After minutes of discussing, they finally come to a decision and there, Harry has a plan. He feels a bit better already, almost relieved, knowing at least he has a plan.

"Thanks Bobby," he breaths out.

"That's alright. Listen, I'll try to get a day off soon so we can do something fun with Aisling."

"Sounds good. See you soon," Harry happily tells him.

"Yeah, keep me posted," Bobby says and with that, ends the call.

Harry lets out a sigh, putting his phone away and staring at his ceiling. He starts thinking how easy it was to talk with Bobby, how it didn't feel wrong at all even though he is Niall's father.

He starts wondering what would happen if Niall found out. He chuckles, trying to picture Niall's face and once he has a clear picture on his mind, he ends up laughing out loud.

He feels much better now, knowing the plan is good enough. All he can do now is hope that the plan is going to work and pray he is brave enough to carry out the plan.

Next evening when Niall gets back home from work, Harry has already cooked dinner and is eating it with Aisling. They both got hungry and Harry figured they could start without Niall, it's not like it has ever been a problem before.

Aisling is sitting on Harry's lap, Harry holding her while she is eating. It makes his eating a bit hard, a complete task, but he still manages to survive. When he hears the front door opening, he immediately starts feeling nervous, knowing now is the time to put Bobby's plan in action.