Chapter 20

It's been almost two whole weeks since Harry drunk dialed Niall and paid him a visit. Two long and miserable weeks.

On the next Monday, Niall and Harry both seemed to have a similar plan. Act like nothing happened. That is exactly what they have been doing, keeping everything strict and casual and it almost feels like they are back to where they once started.

It's been exchanging hellos and how are you's in the mornings and in the evenings, they exchange a few words. Besides that, they don't really interact or talk about anything besides Aisling.

Harry has felt more miserable than in months. He hasn't let his mood affect Aisling, trying to cover his misery the best he can. It only shows to Niall, Harry just doesn't know it. He simply thinks Niall doesn't even care enough to notice something is still wrong.

Since they haven't talked about what happened on that Saturday night almost two weeks ago, either of them have no clue what the other one feels. Harry has no idea why Niall acted like he did and Niall still doesn't know what came over Harry.

"Hey Harry?" Niall calls him when he is about to leave on Thursday evening.

"Yeah?" Harry asks, using a louder voice so Niall can hear him.

"My friend Louis called me today, he is coming here for a week," Niall says after stepping into Harry's sight.

Harry puts his coat on, not saying a word and waiting for Niall to continue.

"He's coming on Sunday and he'll stay here until the next weekend, so you don't necessarily need to watch Aisling next week," Niall explains and Harry frowns.

"Right," Harry says and Niall can already tell Harry is sad.

"I mean you can, it's just that Louis will be here," he carefully says.

"Whatever," Harry mumbles, loud enough for Niall to hear. Now it's Niall's turn to frown and he starts wondering what he should do. He quickly comes up with a good solution.

"Tell you what, come over on Sunday for dinner and we can talk about it more then and you can meet Louis," Niall suggests.

"Fine," Harry simply answers.

"Bye Aisling!" He then shouts before opening the front door.

"Bye bye my Hazzy!" He hears a high voice yelling from the living room. It makes him smile for a second before the smile dies away. He steps outside, not bothered to say bye to Niall.

Harry doesn't know if Niall realises there is a problem. He doesn't know if Niall understands what he is doing to Harry. He keeps messing with Harry's head, that's how it feels.

Harry is smart and he knows he probably can't have anything with Niall. It would be complicated, possibly too complicated and yet, Harry can't help but to wonder if Niall would ever date him.

Harry can't stop thinking about what happened on that Saturday night. The next morning, he realised how badly he screwed up, how he ended up seducing Niall instead of just talking to him, how he ended up on Niall's lap, snogging his face off.

The thought causes him to blush, thinking he was acting like a complete idiot and thanks to his mindless behaviour, he has lost Niall. It feels like their friendship is ruined and now all there is left is just a simple business arrangement. Harry comes to watch Aisling while Niall works and when Niall gets home, Harry leaves. It's as simple as that.

Harry knows he should talk to Niall. He knows things can't go on like this, especially because of Aisling. For now, the strange situation hasn't affected the little girl but if things keep going on like this, she will catch on it sooner or later. Harry knows it and he doesn't want to hurt Aisling in any way.