Chapter 1

On Thursday, Harry is driving towards the family's house. He quickly goes through all the details he has heard about the family. A single father and a four year old daughter. The father's name is Niall Horan, Harry has memorised it so he won't forget it. It's mainly all he knows, and the fact the father is looking for a nanny for a longer period of time, which suits Harry better than well.

When Harry spots the right house, he parks his car and double checks that the address is correct. He takes a few calming breaths, thinking he can't afford to be nervous. It's almost a matter of life and death, and he wants this job. Hell, he needs this job.

Harry is standing on the doorstep, trying to calm down before ringing the door bell. His palms are sweaty so he quickly wipes them on his jeans, trying to get rid of the sweat. He knows he can't shake someone's hand with a sweaty palm as it would be a horrid way to start a job interview.

When the door opens, Harry sees a man in his early twenties. Harry is a bit shocked when he realises he thinks the man looks beautiful and in a way, flawless. He mentally slaps himself, deciding he is being an idiot for thinking like that. He thinks this can't possibly be the father. He looks around Harry's age, maybe even younger, and Harry thinks there is no way he is a father to a four year old child.

"You must be Harry," the man says and Harry quickly nods, offering his hand so the man can shake it.

"Harry Styles," he introduces himself.

"I'm Niall Horan." So he is the dad after all, Harry thinks and wants to shake his head in disbelief.

"Oh right, come on in," Niall realises and moves aside, letting Harry inside the house.

"Aisling is taking a nap upstairs so we can talk in the living room," Niall explains to Harry.

"Aisling is my daughter," Niall clarifies and Harry nods, thinking he has never heard the name Aisling before. 

"Ash-ling," he pronounces carefully, thinking the name is beautiful.

"Please sit down. Can I get you anything, coffee, tea maybe?" Niall politely asks.

"I could have a cup of coffee, thank you," Harry tells him.

"Milk, cream, sugar?"

"Just milk, please."

While Niall disappears to the kitchen, Harry takes his time to look around the living room area. The room is rather big and nicely furnished. It looks cosy with all the wooden furniture and a large, grey couch.

Harry looks at a few paintings on the wall, thinking they look amazing. He doesn't recognise whose work it is, but after a few seconds he notices the name Chagall at the bottom of one painting. Harry doesn't know anything about art but Chagall sounds like a French name. Nevertheless, the paintings are beautiful and Harry is mesmerised by them.

Harry doesn't have more time to look around because Niall steps back to the room, holding two coffee cups in his hands. Harry realises he must have had coffee ready in case Harry wanted a cup.

"Thank you," Harry thanks Niall and takes the coffee mug.

"So Harry, I was told you used to study to become a kindergarten teacher," Niall begins to ask questions right away, just like Harry had assumed he would.

"Yes for two years," Harry explains.

"So you dropped out of university."

"Yes I eh, I couldn't afford it. I plan on going back though," Harry tells him somewhat awkwardly.

"And the company ran a background check and everything seems to be fine," Niall continues and Harry simply nods.

"Did the company tell you more about me or this job?" He then asks.