Chapter 27

On Monday, Harry is horrified to leave his house and go over to Niall's. He's excited to see Aisling but the thought of having to face Niall is mortifying. Harry feels anxious and while he drives, he keeps cursing himself for being such an idiot.

He remembers everything now. He remembers coming out to Niall and asking if he was gay. He remembers dragging Niall outside and asking him out and then, trying to kissing him. He is still ashamed, thinking he was a complete idiot.

Harry also remembers Niall's reaction when Harry asked him out. He remembers Niall saying yes but then, after hearing it would be a date, quickly turning Harry down. He has to admit it hurt, it hurt then and it still hurts.

The worst part is that Niall knows about Aron. Harry has no clue why he told Niall everything and he is ashamed. He also doesn't understand why he told Aron he would go out on a proper date, because that is not something he wants to do. That's why last night, Harry texted him saying he can't go out on a date. Aron didn't even answer.

Harry doesn't know what he is going to do now. He knows he most likely ruined the only shot he may have had with Niall and he doesn't know if he can fix things. He doesn't know how to tell Niall about Aron, how to say he won't go out with the man because he really just wants Niall.

He fears Niall is angry and he is going to fire Harry. He remembers asking about it when Niall was taking him home late Saturday night and Niall saying that he won't fire Harry. He still thinks there is a possibility Niall has changed his mind.

He sighs and parks his car outside Niall's house. He's just in time which is good, he didn't want to be even a minute early and spend extra time with Niall.

"Morning Harry," Niall greets him after opening the door.

"Morning," Harry mumbles, refusing to meet Niall's eyes so he ends up staring at his shoes instead.

"Well come in silly."

Niall seems to be in a good mood for some reason and Harry mentally groans. He is already feeling like he is suffocating, being around Niall is both painful and embarrassing at the same time. He can't stop thinking about Saturday night, wishing he could go back in time to change everything.

"You alright?" Niall asks while Harry takes his shoes off, awkwardly hopping around while trying to get his Converse off of his feet.

"Sure," Harry says with a sarcastic tone. He didn't mean to, it completely slipped and he mentally curses himself.

"Harry," Niall sighs and once Harry is done fighting with his shoes, Niall places his both hands on Harry's shoulders and almost makes Harry to look at him.

"Stop being like that," Niall gently tells Harry who looks frightened by this point.

"I'm serious Harry, don't ruin this," Niall almost whispers and keeps looking at Harry.

"What do you mean?" Harry asks, trying to keep his tone neutral but thinking he sounds a bit desperate.

"You're my friend Harry, actually I think you're my best friend. Don't ruin that," Niall says, his tone suddenly sad and a bit unsure.

"Your best friend," Harry blurts out.

"Yeah Harry, you and Louis are," Niall explains and Harry wants to groan because that is definitely not something he wanted to hear.

"I'm happy how things are and I'm also happy for you," he continues explaining and Harry knits his brows, having no clue what Niall is on about.

"Huh?" He blurts out and frowns, looking at Niall and hoping to hear an explanation.