Chapter 11

Friday isn't a typical workday for Harry. Niall isn't working so he is home with Harry and Aisling. The morning goes by quickly as they play together, Harry laughing at Aisling who keeps pulling funny faces and Niall who joins in his daughter, pulling funny faces too.

They all go out for lunch, Niall wants to do something special since it's Harry's last day before the longer break. Aisling clearly doesn't understand the situation, considering she keeps babbling about next week and things she wants to do with Harry. Niall tries explaining her how they are going to grandma's house but Aisling keeps insisting Niall is lying.

Harry feels bad, especially when he sees a sad expression on Niall's face. He doesn't know what to think or say so he lets Niall handle the situation. Niall tries explaining the situation again and now Aisling understands they are going to her grandma's house but for some reason, she thinks Harry is going with them.

"But daddy. Hazzy come with Aisling gammy house," Aisling says, tilting her head and looking at her father with questioning eyes.

"No Aisling, Harry is going to see his family," Niall explains again.

"No, Hazzy come gammy house."

"No darling. You will see Harry after Christmas."

"Okay daddy," Aisling says and Harry sighs in relief when she doesn't seem to be too bothered.

"Hazzy sad?" She asks out of nowhere.

"Of course not," Harry quickly answers.

"Hazzy is sad," she says and looks straight into Harry's eyes.

"No," Harry quickly says and pulls a big smile on his face. It's obviously a fake one but he hopes it will convince Aisling.

"See, I'm smiling. I'm very happy."

"Okay Hazzy."

And after that, the whole Christmas topic is forgotten and Aisling keeps babbling about other things, like her pretty doll Anna and her grandma. Harry listens with a smile on his face, thinking Aisling is adorable. While Harry focuses on Aisling, Niall looks at Harry intensively, wondering how he got so lucky.

Before Harry came into the picture, Niall was anxious about the idea of hiring a nanny. Aisling has grown up without her mother in her life and Niall's family is small so Aisling doesn't have many people in her life. It's only Niall and his mother, Niall's brother and his family and Niall's dad. Niall is afraid Aisling will get too keen on Harry, get too attached.

Sometimes, Niall feels guilty that Aisling doesn't have a mother. It's not Niall's fault though, or Aisling's mothers for that matter but still, he keeps wondering if their life could be different. Niall questions himself sometimes, going through every decision he has ever made, trying to think if he made wrong choices. Was moving to Dublin a wrong choice? Was hiring a nanny instead of putting Aisling to daycare a wrong decision? Should Niall have started working earlier? 

The only big decision he doesn't regret is keeping Aisling. That is the one thing Niall knows he has done right. Although he is young, way too young to be a single father, he wouldn't have it any other way. He can't imagine his life without Aisling, he doesn't know where he would be without her. Life would be miserable and he wouldn't have any reason to wake up every morning. It's simply because Aisling is his life, she is everything he has.

"Niall?" Harry's voice interrupts Niall's deep thinking.

"Huh?" Niall asks because he has completely missed every word Harry has just said.

"Should we get going?"

"Oh right. Yeah sure."