Chapter 23

On Thursday morning when Harry wakes up, he immediately remembers the dream he had.

In the dream, him and Niall were getting married in the middle of a forest and everything was a bit strange. Harry knits his brows, wondering why he would dream about something like that but soon enough, he starts smiling. He wonders what it would be like to be married.

He then starts thinking about Niall. Things seem better now, almost like they were before Harry ruined it all. He smiles, thinking it's good to be back to normal although it's a bit frustrating too. It's not like being Niall's friend is a dream come true, considering Harry has not-so-friendly feelings for him.

Out of the blue, a thought hits Harry. Don't give up on him. Harry starts thinking about it more, realising he shouldn't give up on Niall. In fact, he wants to try his everything to make this more than just a friendship. 

With that thought, Harry gets up from the bed, stretching his body and smiling. It feels like a good day.

Ten miles south, Niall is just waking up and when he opens his eyes, he immediately remembers what day it is. Thursday.

He is horrified and thinks he doesn't want to go to the meeting, although he knows he has to. It's his responsibility and besides, it's been a while since he has seen her sister Amina or her for that matter.

Sometimes, Niall feels guilty for not visiting more often but he also knows it's for the best. It doesn't do any good for him, the visits always break his heart and he cries for the rest of the day after them. He still isn't used to the situation even though he should have by now.

He gets up from the bed and tiptoes to the hallway. The guest room door is shut so he is guessing Louis is still sleeping. He peeks inside Aisling's room, smiling when he sees her sleeping and holding her teddy tightly.

Niall decides to take a quick shower. He looks at the time, seeing it's only six thirty and therefor he has more than enough time to get ready for work.

After his shower, he decides to tiptoe downstairs and start cooking some breakfast. He is just about to start when the doorbell rings and he knits his brows, wondering if it's Harry and if it is, why he is so early.

He opens the door, revealing Harry standing on the doorstep. He looks at Harry with confusion written all over his face.

"I'm so sorry for being this early, I completely forgot I had to take my car to the repair shop so I took a taxi but I didn't realise it was so early and I'm really sorry -" Harry rambles and Niall quickly cuts him off by pressing his palm against Harry's mouth.

"It's fine, come in. Louis and Aisling are still sleeping," he tells Harry and steps aside, letting Harry in.

Niall walks back to the kitchen, feeling relieved he put a shirt on earlier. He is still a bit shaken by the fact he showed up in front of Harry only wearing his boxers and he doesn't want the same incident happening again, the last time was embarrassing enough.

"Can I help?" He hears Harry offering.

"Yeah eh, you can make coffee," Niall mumbles and breaks an egg onto the pan.

They stay silent after that and Niall keeps getting lost in his thoughts, thinking about the upcoming meeting. He is already feeling quite emotional and he knows he will be a mess afterwards. He quickly decides to have a word with Louis and create a plan for the evening.

Niall knows he doesn't want Harry around after he will get back home. He knows he will be a mess, it's always been like that and he can't have Harry around, seeing him like it. He decides to ask Louis to kick Harry out before he gets back.