Chapter 15

The rest of January passes by almost too quickly. So much has happened and yet, nothing has really changed.

Harry still has these strange and unfamiliar feelings for Niall, he doesn't quite know what it all means but he does know he wishes they were closer. He keeps hoping things will change.

One thing Harry has grown to understand is that Niall isn't as simple as Harry thought. In fact, Niall seems like a blank book most of the times and Harry isn't able to read him, which is quite frustrating. He keeps thinking that maybe, Niall could learn to trust him a bit more and let him in. Until that, all Harry can really do is keep on hoping.

It's Friday, 28th. Harry's birthday is coming in a few short days and he can't believe it's that time of the year. Last he checked it was the beginning of the year and it's like the past month has flown by without him evening noticing it.

Aisling has been a bit impossible for the whole day, she seems to have way too much energy and Harry has a hard time dealing with her. The little girl runs around the house, giggles loudly and makes Harry play stupid games with her. Aisling's favourite is hide and seek and she makes Harry hide every time.

They have went outside for lunch and there, Aisling's energetic behaviour continued. Harry decided McDonald's is the best option although it's not healthy, but he is sure Niall wouldn't mind.

Aisling even refused to take a nap and when Harry tried putting her to bed, she had a small tantrum. Luckily Harry calmed her down, telling her the first few jokes that popped into his head.

"Daddy, Hazzy is so silly today," Aisling informs Niall as soon as he gets home. She has been waiting for her father, Harry could tell because she was so inpatient earlier.

"What did Harry do darling?" Niall asks while taking his coat off.

"Hazzy told jokes," Aisling tells and giggles.

"Were the jokes good?" Niall asks another question while Harry stands at the end of the hallway, blushing and hoping Aisling won't say a word.

"No they are silly," she giggles and Harry's blush grows bigger.

"Alright let's hear them," Niall says, this time talking to Harry whose face is completely red by now.

"N-no," he stutters, earning a small chuckle from Niall who easily lifts his daughter up and carries her to the kitchen.

"Go on Donald, humour me."

Harry knows better than to protest so he gulps, avoiding to look at Niall as he starts telling the joke.

"Knock knock," he hesitantly starts, earning a questioning look from Niall.

"Who there?" Aisling quickly asks.

"Cows go."

"Cows go who?" Aisling continues.

"No silly, the cows go moo," Harry awkwardly finishes.

Aisling giggles uncontrollably while Niall shakes his head in disbelief. He looks at Harry who keeps blushing and staring at the floor.

"It wasn't that bad," Niall gently tells Harry, patting his shoulder before walking to the fridge and opening it, taking a look inside.

"Alright my little monkey, what should we have for dinner?" Niall asks from Aisling.

"Eggs!"

"No sweetheart, that isn't proper dinner. Try again."