Chapter 30

AN: Surprise update! I don't normally do these author's notes in the beginning but I had to make an exception. @jax_3101, this chapter is for you. I want you to remember that I'm here for you and I love you. 

On Wednesday afternoon, Niall comes home an hour early. He asked Greg if he could leave early so he could cook dinner and Greg gave him a permission.

"I'm home!" Niall shouts once he opens the front door.

"We're upstairs," he hears Harry's voice and he smiles, taking off his blazer and shoes, making his way upstairs.

"I'll change really quick," Niall says as he peeks inside Aisling's room, seeing Harry and Aisling playing there.

"Nice shirt Harry," he then notices Harry is wearing one of his shirts, it's a bit too tight but it still looks really good on Harry.

"Thanks, I made it myself," Harry jokes and Niall bursts out a laugh.

Niall goes to his bedroom, smiling shortly when he sees his messy bed. Him and Harry slept in late this morning and Niall was in a rush so he didn't have time to make the bed. He just jumped into the shower, changed and left without even eating breakfast.

It's his own fault he was in a rush, since he didn't want to get up. Harry was spooning him and he didn't wake up to Niall's alarm, and Niall enjoyed the cuddle too much to get up. He ended up laying on the bed for almost half an hour before he realised he was going to be late.

"I'll start cooking now," Niall says after peeking inside Aisling's room. She and Harry are playing with Barbies, Harry currently holding the male doll while Aisling is changing another doll's clothes.

"Do you need any help?" Harry immediately asks and Niall shrugs his shoulders.

"You don't need to help," he ends up telling.

"Aisling let's go downstairs, you can take the Barbies there," Harry tells the little girl, wanting to help Niall out with cooking.

"You take Ken," Aisling commands and Harry chuckles, looking at Niall who is grinning a bit.

"What are we cooking?" Harry asks after Aisling has gone to the living room to play with her Barbies.

"Meatballs and mashed potatoes, dad's favourite," Niall tells him.

"Aww," Harry coos. He can't help but to think Niall is impossibly cute.

"What?" Niall asks, raising his eyebrows.

"You're cute," Harry blurts out even to his own surprise.

"I am?"

And then there is silence. Harry doesn't know where to look or what to say so he ends up staring at the floor, awkwardly clearing his throat.

"Right you can do the potatoes and vegetables and I'll make the meatballs," Niall changes the subject, feeling like he needs to make the situation better since he made it awkward for them both.

"Okay," Harry sighs in relief.

They start cooking in silence, Niall soon putting the radio on since he can't stand the tormenting silence around them. He feels awkward, mentally cursing himself. He keeps peeking at Harry, thinking he has to fix things before his dad arrives.

"I was thinking about taking Aisling to the zoo tomorrow," Niall decides to tell Harry.

He thought about it earlier at work. Aisling loves going to the zoo and it's been a few months since they went there and he thinks he wants to take her back there. He also thinks he genuinely wants Harry to come along, knowing the trip won't be that much fun without the curly haired boy.