Chapter 16

Harry has never been this excited for his birthday. He has never really cared before, well apart from his 18th birthday because he was looking forward to getting a driver's licence.

This year, everything seems different. First Harry gets to spend the day with Aisling and they are going to bake a cake. Harry thinks he is quite good at baking and he's sure Aisling will enjoy it. Then, there's the dinner which means spending more time with Niall.

Harry is also excited for the evening because he is going out with Liam. Harry doesn't spend so much quality time with his roommate these days, mostly because Liam has an extremely busy schedule and he is barely at home.

Harry is happy because this year, his birthday seems to have a meaning. He is spending it with the people he deeply cares about, Aisling and Niall, and also Liam. He thinks it doesn't really matter that he isn't with his family because these three people mean so much to him.

He thinks it's funny how he has known Aisling and Niall only for a few months but they are already so important to him. Maybe it's because Harry is a big part of their daily life now and even though it's been a few months, they are getting closer.

Although Harry feels close to the small family, he still doesn't know much about Niall. He doesn't seem like an open type, he is more like a closed case but Harry is determined to find out more about Niall.

He feels a bit nervous once he is standing on Niall's doorstep, ringing the doorbell. He hears footsteps getting closer and soon, Niall opens the door.

This morning is different because Niall has already showered and changed clothes. Harry thinks he looks beyond amazing in his working clothes, straight black trousers and a simple, white dress shirt. Harry shamelessly eyes Niall, admiring how good he looks.

It's not until Niall clears his throat when Harry realises he has been rudely staring and he blushes, causing Niall to smile shortly. Niall isn't stupid, he has seen the way Harry looks at him and he doesn't mind it, in fact he only feels flattered.

"Morning," Niall nods before moving aside and letting Harry in.

"Morning," Harry greets, taking off his shoes and coat.

"Aisling is waiting in the kitchen," Niall tells Harry.

Harry knits his eyebrows, thinking it's a bit odd but he walks to the kitchen, Niall following his footsteps.

"Hazzy!" Harry hears a high shriek and suddenly someone clings onto his leg.

Harry looks down, not quite knowing what to feel when he realises Aisling is clinging onto his leg, hugging it tightly. He hears Niall quietly laughing behind them.

Suddenly Aisling let's go of Harry's leg and looks up at him. Harry crouches in front of her and his heart melts when Aisling opens her arms and steps closer, wrapping her small arms around Harry's neck. Out of nowhere, Harry starts tearing up as he gently hugs the four year old back.

"Happy birthday Hazzy," Aisling mumbles and places a very wet and loud kiss on Harry's cheek.

Now Harry can't hold his tears down anymore. He isn't used to this, normally people don't even remember his stupid birthday and the only one remembering is his mother and Liam.

As Aisling pulls away from the hug, a silent teardrop is rolling down Harry's cheek. He tries to flutter his eyes, not wanting to cry.

"Hazzy," Aisling gasps and points at the teardrop on Harry's cheek.