Chapter 31

The next morning Harry's alarm goes off at six thirty and he groans before remembering what day it is. It's Aisling's birthday and if Harry doesn't get up soon, he'll be late. He almost sprints to his bathroom, hopping to the shower and quickly washing his hair.

Since it's a special day, Harry thinks he should dress a bit more nicer than normally. He picks out dark blue skinny jeans, paring them with a white cotton dress shirt. It's one of those more casual ones but it still looks good and like Harry has made an effort.

He tries doing something to his hair, quickly giving up when he realises there is no point. His curls are all over the place so Harry just brushes them away from his forehead, thinking he looks alright.

As he drives to Niall's, he can't stop smiling. It's the happiest he has been in weeks and he can't wait to see Niall again, hoping he'll get another kiss. He starts thinking about it more, soon realising he is being an idiot.

"Of course you'll get a kiss," he huffs to himself.

"Hi Niall," Harry happily breaths out when Niall opens the front door.

"Hey," Niall smiles and Harry thinks he looks happy.

"We have to be super quiet," Niall quietly says as they walk to the kitchen.

"So we're making pancakes, Aisling loves those and we could take her breakfast to bed," Niall continues talking.

"I can cook," Harry immediately says and Niall chuckles.

"You can, I'll make us some coffee."

"I'm letting her open the presents in bed too," Niall reveals and Harry nods, grinning when he thinks about his presents, all of them neatly wrapped, laying on the backseat of his car.

"I can give my presents too then," he happily says and starts making the pancake mixture.

"Your presents?" Niall questions.

"Yeah."

"As in, how many presents?" He continues questioning and Harry grins a little, knowing this is the part where Niall starts freaking out because he thinks Harry has bought too many presents.

"Not too many," he gently says and looks at Niall who just groans.

They fall into silence, Harry making pancakes while Niall finishes making coffee, pouring a cup for Harry who thanks Niall.

Niall keeps looking at Harry, sipping his coffee with a smile on his face. When he finishes his cup, he steps closer to Harry who is still in the process of making pancakes. He wraps his arms around Harry, hugging him sideways.

"Niall?" Harry asks, turning his head a bit to look at Niall.

"Yeah?" Niall mumbles against Harry's shoulder.

"Can you give me a kiss?"

A wide smile grows on Niall's face as he loosens his hold on Harry, looking Harry in the eyes before leaning in and brushing his lips against Harry's. They peck each other's lips for a few times before Niall pulls away, smiling widely.

Harry is smiling too, showing off his dimple. They keep looking at each other for quite some time, getting lost in each other's eyes. After a while, Niall leans in again, keeping his eyes open as he places a tiny peck on Harry's upper lip.

"Let's finish the pancakes now," Niall gently says and Harry nods, still smiling widely since he can't seem to stop.

Niall wraps his arm loosely around Harry's hips as Harry continues to finish the pancakes. When the pancakes are ready, Harry places a pile of them on a plate and Niall sprays some whipped cream on top of them, adding strawberry jam. He then grabs a candle, it's a pink number five, and puts it on top of the pancake pile.