Chapter 17

Friday comes around again and Harry feels eager while he waits for Niall to get home from work. He can't wait to hear what Niall wants to talk about. Harry still thinks it might be something bad but he quickly decides he is being paranoid.

Niall told Harry this morning Aisling didn't sleep very well during the night and she has been a bit off for the whole day. Currently Aisling is taking a much needed nap and Harry walks around the downstairs area, thinking he will go crazy soon if he doesn't think of something to do.

He walks to the utility room, spotting Niall's hoover and thinking maybe, just maybe he could hoover a bit and Niall doesn't need to know about it. He decides it's a good idea, hoping Niall's hoover isn't loud so Aisling won't wake up.

He sighs when he realises the hoover is in fact very quiet and he doubts Aisling will wake up to the sound. He hoovers around downstairs, starting from the kitchen and making his way to the living room. He can only hope Niall won't realise he's been cleaning again, knowing how much Niall dislikes it.

Harry can't help it though, he is bad at sitting still while waiting for something. He tends to get restless and doing something helps with his restlessness. He thinks he should mention it to Niall so maybe he won't be angry if Harry keeps cleaning around from time to time.

At some point, Aisling wakes up from her nap and laughs at Harry who is still hoovering. Harry quickly tells Aisling how his cleaning should remain as a secret and how they shouldn't mention it to Niall. She only giggles before asking if Harry could read to her.

They read together, Harry helping Aisling with recognising some letters. He feels proud when Aisling recognises almost all of them, and how she also knows all the animals and is able to read some simple words. 

Niall comes home earlier than normally, around four thirty. Aisling greets him with loud shrieks and a very wet and loud kiss on a cheek.

"Hi Harry," Niall greets the nanny and Harry greets him back, feeling a bit nervous already.

"My ma is coming in 30 minutes to pick Aisling up," Niall then tells and Harry realises this means he will meet Niall's mum.

"She's dying to meet you," Niall reveals, much to Harry's surprise.

"She is?"

"Gammy likes Hazzy!" Aisling lets out and Harry smiles shortly.

"She hasn't met me yet," he protests but Aisling is waving her hand.

"Gammy likes Hazzy," she demands.

"Alright then," Harry gives in and Niall chuckles at them.

"Did you pack Aisling's bag?" Niall asks and Harry quickly nods, pointing his finger towards the hallway where he has set Aisling's weekend bag.

"Daddy," Aisling suddenly says.

"Hazzy cleans here."

Harry frowns and Niall quickly looks at him with raised eyebrows. Aisling makes the situation even worse because she starts laughing, ending up doing a ridiculous fake laugh.

"Harry," Niall shakes his head.

"I only hoovered," Harry quickly protests.

"Thanks a lot Aisling," Harry tells the little girl, using a playful tone in his voice.

"You welcome Hazzy, you naughty boy." She laughs again and runs to Harry, poking his stomach. Harry lifts her up, holding her up in his arms and she giggles loudly.