Prologue

Harry sighs, looking at the gray and decayed building right in front of him. All he needs to do is cross the street and enter the building but suddenly, he isn't sure if he wants to.

He knows he has to. This building might be a key to his future and also, it is his last hope. Harry doesn't quite understand what he is so afraid of, it's not like he is about to enter a whorehouse. No, not even close, he is just going to a place where they help unemployed people to find jobs.

Harry is unemployed and very ashamed of it. When he dropped out of university he never thought finding a proper job would be so hard. He thinks maybe he is too picky, searching for a perfect job when in reality, he should be cleaning tables at some small restaurant. Without a college education Harry can't get his dream job and he knows it.

He sighs again, crossing the road and entering the building. He looks around, seeing a few people who look a bit like junkies. He also spots a few immigrants talking a foreign language he doesn't recognise. Harry starts feeling like he doesn't belong, wondering if he's come to the right place.

He realises he has to go to the desk where a woman is sitting, doing something that looks awfully like manicuring her nails. Harry steps closer until he reaches the desk, tapping his fingers on the counter to get the woman's attention.

"Hello, welcome to the unemployed helping center," a woman says, sounding quite bored. Harry can't really blame her, he would be bored too if he was working in a place like this.

"Hello," Harry quickly replies.

"How can I help you?" The woman asks, seeming more interested in her nails than actually helping Harry with anything.

"Well I need a job," Harry says, thinking the reason why he is here is quite obvious.

"What kind of job would you be interested in?" The woman ask, still not paying attention to Harry.

"Well, I was thinking something to do with kids. Like working in a kindergarten," Harry tries his luck, knowing there is no way he could ever get a job like that without an education.

"You're in the wrong place. Go to this place," the woman says, handing a small card to Harry.

"Thank you," Harry greets without giving a single look at the card he is holding.

He only looks at it when he is standing outside the helping centre. Nannies & babysitters community, it says with huge pink letters. Harry knits his brows, looking at the card and trying to think if it is suppose to be some sort of joke.

However, he checks the address and realises the place is located just down the street. He starts thinking about it, if he could be a nanny. He has never really thought about it, being a full time nanny that is, but the more he thinks about it the more he realises he could do it.

Harry likes kids. He always has. When he was still at university, he studied to become a kindergarten teacher. He has always been great with kids. When he was younger he used to babysit his neighbour's kids all the time. He wonders if it is possible to have a job as a full-time nanny, a part time job won't be enough because he needs more money. He needs money so he can go back to university and finish his studies.

Harry starts walking down the street, trying to look for the right place to go. When he finally sees the office, he sighs in relief before stepping inside.

"Good morning," a woman greets him with a genuine smile on her face.

"Morning," Harry says, instantly feeling a bit better now that he has had a warm welcoming. The other place was absolutely horrible and Harry thinks he never wants to go there again.