Chapter 48

At 5.30 on Wednesday evening, the doorbell rings.

Harry is upstairs with Aisling, chuckling when he realises Zayn and Liam are exactly on time. This is a habit of Liam's, or more like a strange obsession, he always wants to be exactly on time and if he's even one minute late, he'll be a stressing mess.

"Let's hurry up monkey," Harry tries to hurry Aisling who is opting between two dresses.

When Harry told Aisling they're having guests over, she informed the last minute how she wanted Harry to do her hair and also, she wanted to put on nicer clothes. She has been choosing the clothes for the past ten minutes and Harry thinks if she isn't going to make the decision soon, he'll choose for her.

"Alright love, just point at one dress," Harry finally tells her and she whines a bit but ends up pointing at a dress Harry bought her for her birthday.

"Good choice, now let's change it on."

Harry helps her to change, smiling when she reaches for his hand as they walk downstairs. Aisling holds onto Harry's pinkie just like always and when they step inside the living room, Aisling hides behind Harry and places her hand on his hips.

"Aisling," Harry chuckles, stopping next to the sofa where Niall, Liam and Zayn are all sitting.

"What are you doing?" He chuckles again and tries to take a look at the little girl who is still hiding behind him.

Niall laughs a bit when Aisling peeks her head from behind Harry's body, pressing her cheek on Harry's hip. Harry looks down at her, bringing his hand on the side of her head in a comforting way.

"Are you going to say hi to Liam and Zayn munchkin?" Harry softly asks, caressing her cheek.

He guesses she's feeling a bit shy, after all she's never met Zayn before. Harry looks at her, seeing her nodding her head the tiniest bit so he reaches for her hand, taking it in his and walking her to Liam.

"You remember my roommate Liam," Harry gently tells her and she nods, smiling a little when she realises this is not a stranger.

"Hello Lee-am," she carefully says and waves at Liam who smiles at her, thinking she's adorable.

"Hello Aisling, how are you?"

"Wonderful. You good?" She asks and Harry chuckles a bit.

"I'm great thank you," Liam answers with a gentle tone and looks at Harry, smiling at his roommate.

"Okay munchkin, this is Liam's friend Zayn." Harry introduces Zayn to Aisling.

Zayn leans forward, smiling at Aisling who tilts her head, looking at the stranger for a minute before doing what she always does. She brings her hand towards Zayn and when he does the same, she wraps her fingers around his index one and quickly shakes it.

"Nice meeting you Zaynie," she comments and Harry chuckles at the way she's pronouncing Zayn's name.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Zayn says with a smile on his face.

"Alright shall we get dinner then?" Niall asks, looking at Harry who nods before bending over and picking Aisling up.

"Where do you want to sit monkey?" He asks, not feeling too surprised when he hears Aisling's answer.

"With my Hazzy."

"You can't sit on my lap Aisling, that's not going to work out," Harry protests a little.

"Yes," she demands and Harry sighs, looking at Niall who nods a bit.

"Alright then."

Harry takes a seat, placing Aisling on his lap. Liam and Zayn are sitting down on the opposite side of the table while Niall brings the food to the table.