Chapter 24

The first thing Harry notices on Friday morning is that things seem normal. Niall is his usual self, happily joking about something while eating his breakfast and Harry focuses on him, carefully looking at the Irish man and smiling whenever Niall does.

Niall looks good like this, a constant smile on his face, his eyes crinkling from the corners whenever his smile grows so big he is showing off his perfect teeth. He looks beautiful, Harry thinks and blushes at the thought. 

He wonders if things are looking up at him and Niall. After yesterday, Harry thinks maybe there is hope after all. When Niall let Harry comfort him, it was like a small sign that maybe there is hope. Niall isn't the easiest person, Harry has grown to understand that but yesterday, he let his guard down and let Harry in.

Maybe it wasn't much, just a heat of the moment, Niall needing someone there but Harry still thinks it matters. It matters that Niall trusted after all, trusted enough to cry against Harry's neck and let him be there. 

Harry wonders if they could have something more than a friendship. He figures they could have, maybe not right now but in the future. He is more determined than ever and has decided not to lose hope. He is positive him and Niall could be more than just friends. 

What makes it hard is how private Niall seems. He doesn't talk about his feelings or open up to Harry, so Harry doesn't really have a clue what Niall is thinking. All Harry's thoughts are based on pure guessing and assumptions, which makes him feel a bit unsure. 

"Harold?" He hears someone saying his name and is snapped back to reality.

"I called you like three times," Niall almost whines.

"Sorry. What did you say?" Harry asks and takes a sip of his coffee.

They are sitting alone in Niall's kitchen, finishing their breakfast. Louis has taken Aisling upstairs for her morning duties while Niall and Harry are eating their breakfast.

"I asked if you could stay the night," Niall repeats himself.

"Oh I eh, why?" Harry asks, a bit taken aback by Niall's sudden proposition.

"I have to take Louis to the airport early in the morning and I was hoping if you could stay so Aisling could sleep. I'll pay you extra," Niall explains.

"Yeah sure," Harry quickly agrees but then realises Niall's last sentence.

"But you don't have to pay extra. I mean, it's fine."

"Harry," Niall starts, almost groaning.

"Are we fighting about money again?" He continues.

"No because I already told you no and this is the part where you say fine," Harry jokes a bit and grins at Niall.

"You're impossible, Donald," Niall winks at him and now, Harry blushes furiously.

"Do you seriously wear those things?" Niall playfully asks and Harry groans a bit, still blushing. It's not the first time Niall is asking this and he doesn't completely understand why.

"What if I do?" He challenges and finishes his cup of coffee.

"They'd totally kill the mood, don't you think?" Niall asks as he gets up and begins to put the breakfast supplies back to the fridge.

"What?" Harry asks, not having a clue what Niall is talking about.

"Oh come on, imagine being a bit hanky panky with someone and taking your pants off and wearing those things. Would totally kill my boner," Niall starts laughing loudly while Harry almost chokes and starts coughing.