Chapter 73

This watching of the torture continued until the first evening light was lit. The mother and daughter supported each other as they walked out of the dungeon. When they smell the bloodless air outside, they breathe in heavily seemingly being alive again.

Yu Pin Yan's methods of execution were said to be ruthless and cunning and finally, they had a round of first-hand experience themselves. Though the beatings were on the bodies of others, the sight of blood and flesh splattering everywhere would forever engraved in their mind. From now on, this experience will become the evil demon that haunts their every dream which they can never rid of except when they are dead.

Lin Shi dropped to her knees with a thud and bawled without regards to her image. She felt remorseful, fearful and hated herself for being powerless.

How could Yu Miao Qi not feel regret or fear too, but the matter had already come to this point, so what's the use of remorse and fear? As she doesn't have to go through all the trouble to please Yu Pin Yan and Old Madam anymore since everyone has already ripped off their pretense, she must hastily find a more powerful and influential husband to marry off then live her life better after leaving Yu manor!

Gritting her teeth, Yu Miao Qi pulled Lin Shi up and stumbled forward, only to see two small lanterns getting closer and closer where the casted light revealed Yu Xiang's beautiful face and instantly lighted up everything around her.

"Yo, you're out?" Covering her mouth, she chuckled, "Was it fun inside?"

Ignoring her, Yu Miao Qi supported Lin Shi to continue their way. As they staggered past, Yu Xiang raised her little pinky and wiggled it slightly. Her contemptuous tone aroused the restless resentment in other's, "Yu Miao Qi, you are only this to contend with me."

Snapping back, Yu Miao Qi glared at her with a cannibalistic gaze. But seeing her (YX) taking out the horsewhip with a murderous look, she quickly turned her head away and helped the dazed Lin Shi flee at lightning speed as if she was pursued by an evil spirit.

A string of silver bell-like laughter rang out like shadows behind both of them.

**********

In the main courtyard, Old Madam leaned against the couch and stared fixedly on the open ground where a corpse once lay with a gloomy expression.

"Bring out my logbook, " she spoke slowly.

Ma Momo fished out a small notebook and a pen then handed over to her.

Old Madam mused as she wrote, "I don't know how the outsiders would accuse my Yu family of cruelty to close kindred if I am to drive Lin Shi out of the Marquis manor shortly after Si Yu's mishap. So I just have to bear with it again. I thought the family would be peaceful and tranquil once Lin Shi is driven out of the family, but now it doesn't seem to be the case. That Yu Miao Qi is even more troublesome. I will record each stroke down. Not only Lin Shi, but Yu Miao Qi too will be thrown out together in the future!"

Listening earnestly, Ma Momo dared not answer casually.

Old Madam heaved a long sigh and continued, "Look at her. She could just open her mouth and make those kind of poisonous oaths, completely disrespecting the supernatural beings with no distinction between the good and the evil. Each and everything is deliberately for her own benefits. For her own sake, she caused the death of the Shen couples, hindered the official career of her adoptive brother and ruined her sisters' reputation. Wouldn't the Marquis manor be destroyed in the future too? Like Lin Shi, who yielded her yet couldn't even get the least bit of true affection, so how can we ever get into her heart? Anyway, it doesn't matter even if we don't, but I'm afraid she resents us to the marrow of her bones and will retaliate in the future."