Chapter 33

The Crown Princess was really having a hard time lately. If she had married an ordinary family, it would be a great big thing to have twins. But she married the royal family, and the situation was quite the opposite.

Births of two boys or two girls were regarded as ominous. The birth of a son and daughter was actually a great auspicious omen, but there were hidden dangers in it. The birth of the dragon and the death of the phoenix were regarded inauspicious, while the death of the dragon and the birth of the phoenix were regarded as great misfortune. Only when the twins were both in good health, would she then be able to have a firm position.

After calculating here and there, it was better to be pregnant with only one child. Whether it was good or bad, it was fifty-fifty. There would be no need to worry excessively.

What made her even more anxious was that even after six years of marriage to the East Palace, the prince only had one son. This was very pitiful compared with other princes who had many offsprings. The Emperor attached great importance to Di and Shu. He had always been concerned that the crown prince did not have a di son. Therefore, he had become increasingly dissatisfied with the Crown Princess over the years.

In addition, Xu Side Concubine's ambition was growing. During her pregnancy, she would frequently spread rumours to disturb her mind. Several sisters-in-law also secretly use underhanded methods to cause her to miscarriage. The dangers and hardships were indescribable.

Although the Crown Princess acted calmly, she couldn't withstand the pressure and went to the Taoist temple to worship supernatural beings. After making the offerings, she stood in front of the Chien Tung for half an hour but did not dare to reach out for it. She had to call Yu Xiang in. If Yu Xiang picked an auspicious stick, it would be fine. If she picked an inauspicious stick, she would comfort herself and say that it was drawn by others and it had nothing to do with her.

After receiving the stick, her fingertips trembled slightly and handed it to the Master without looking at it.

The master of the temple mumbled 'eh?' once. The Crown Princess' back straightened and inquired, "Is it an inauspicious stick?"

The Old Madam held tightly to her buddhist beads and recited "Amitabha Buddha". Suddenly, she remembered that this was a taoist temple and she quickly repented and instead recited 'Boundless heaven".

Yu Si Yu's eyes flickered slightly. She was just waiting to see Yu Xiang having bad luck. Who asked her to be involved in this kind of situation where it wouldn't be good regardless of the results? It could be seen that the wisdom and ability normally praised by her grandmother and elder brother were just an overstatement!

The master looked at it very carefully, then laughed and waved his hand, "No, it's not true. I want to congratulate the Crown Princess. You had actually drawn the only dragon and phoenix stick in this temple. Please have a look." After saying that, he held his hand out.

The Crown Princess immediately beamed and looked at it intently. The top of the Qian was marked with a dragon and a phoenix connected from end-to-end. There were only two sentences in the Qian-- Bamboo turns into a dragon and phoenix soaring the sky, and the daoist rays of light illuminate all evils and disperses them. This implication was very obvious.

The Crown Princess breathed a sigh of relief. She held on the top of the stick and began to laugh. The panic and anxiety that had built up in her heart and was about to consume her dissipated instantly. She exclaimed, "Xiang'er is truly a blessed person."

Yu Xiang waved her hand, "It's not that I'm blessed. It's the Daoist immortals who use my hand to bless Your Highness. In the end, it's still your highness who has a good fortune. I don't have anything to do with it." She must draw the line well. Otherwise, she would be blamed if she didn't give birth to a dragon and phoenix fetus. The royal people were really hard to please.