Chapter 7

After Feng Momo had completed the deliveries, she handed over a detailed list and briefly stayed in Second Young Miss' room before leaving.

Yu Xiang waited till Feng Momo was a distance away before picking up the list to have a look over. However, the main maidservant, Cui Xi, disregarded her and grabbed the list from her hand, pleasingly said, "Young Miss, I will help you put those things away in the storeroom."

Yu Xiang frowned, "Give me the list, I want to see."

"There is nothing to see. Young Miss can't read anyway. I will help you put them away and there will not be any error." Cui Xi said while lifting the door curtain and took a step out. Her good sister, Cui Ping, was standing outside the window and winked at her. Greediness could be seen in her eyes that would soon spill over.

Although Old Madam had never neglected to add things to Yu Xiang's possessions every season; such as the best quality fabric and jewellery, it would still be inferior compared to the Marquis' generosity. Those chests were fully packed with antiques, jade ware, pearls and precious stones. Once opened, one would be dazzled to dizziness. There were also several small boxes filled with rows of uniquely carved cute little golden pigs, enticing one's greediness.

Both the main maidservants discerned that Yu Xiang was a disabled and would not be able to take care of herself, hence it would be tiring and hardships for them to wait upon her. Therefore, they planned to pull some connections enabling them to be transferred to the Young Marquis' side. Based on their good looks, perhaps they might even get the opportunity to be promoted as yiniang. It would be harder if they did not have money for bribery, but the Young Marquis' had just sent them over, this was surely heaven's will.

They could feel the unbearable itched in their heart and wished they could fly to the storeroom right away to put their paws onto the things that they took a fancy on.

The previous Yu Xiang was an idiot that had implicit faith and fully trusted them. The present Yu Xiang was accustomed to social snobbery and hypocrisy of the world, hence how was she not able to guess their petty thoughts. Her eyebrows twitched and sneered, "Give me the list. I will keep it. After I have learn to read some day, I will be able to understand it. Don't keep those things in the storehouse, place everything in my room."

"Everything in the room?" Cui Xi was already halfway out of the door when she heard the master's instructions and was dumbfounded.

"These are my elder brother's sentiments. I naturally have to place them in the most prominent place to show my respect to my elder brother. Is it not right?" Yu Xiang unblinkingly stared at Cui Xi, her pitch dark eyes seemed bottomless.

She was undeniably not wrong. However, should everything be placed in the room, how could they take anything? Cui Ping who was standing outside the window, ran in urgently and pointed at the room, "Young Miss, just look at the room. There is no extra room to place everything. Wouldn't it be cluttered? It would be better to store everything up."

Yu Xiang casually smiled. "Just place all these old ornaments in the storehouse and replace with the new ones. How could it be cluttered? Don't be too long winded. Hurry up. Send someone to carry everything in and arrange them neatly. The inauspicious energy in my room is too strong, using these valuables energy can flush it out."

Both the main maidservants stood erectly with no intention of moving, possibly trying to strike out some other evil plan again.

Yu Xiang raised her brows and stated, "You are disobeying my orders? Fine! Tao Hong, Liu Lu, go to the front courtyard and find my elder brother. Tell him that I do not have enough maidservant and need to borrow a few from him!"