Chapter 38

Yu Si Yu was scared out of her mind, she had no choice but to use all her willpower to feign an imposing manner and scolded boisterously, "Yu Xiang, how dare you join forces with this old dog to harm me! You are so vicious!!"

Qiu Shi disdainfully pouted.

Yu Xiang raised her eyebrows and chuckled, "If I wanted to harm you, would I dismiss all the servants in the courtyard? Now, all I have to do is clap my hands and shout and such a shameless girl like you, with evil morals, would be tied up, locked in a 'Pig Cage', and drowned in the river[1]."

After hearing this, Yu Si Yu's state of mind broke down, and she hid behind Fang Zhi Chen unconsciously.

Fang Zhi Chen had no choice but to brace himself and stepped forward, cupped his hands in front[2] and made a bow, then said, "Second Young Miss has misunderstood. This subject has no love affair with Eldest Young Miss, nor are we exchanging heartfelt confessions. Instead, we are discussing canceling the engagement."

He paused and continued to speak with a flushed face, "The person this subject genuinely likes is the Second young miss, and I have already discussed it with my mother. Soon, I will send a matchmaker to visit the manor and propose marriage. This time, this subject came without careful considerations. It was really my thoughtlessness, and I seek Second Young Miss forgiveness. This subject doesn't have the slightest affection for Eldest Young Miss, and only felt that she was pitiful."

Deep down he thought that Yu Xiang was young and would have an inferiority complex because she was disabled, so there was no reason why her heart wouldn't waver when she saw such a handsome and talented man who fell in love with her. Therefore, the scandal of breaking into a lady's chamber could be passed over.

No matter how intelligent Yu Xiang was, she never would have thought that Fang Zhi Chen would say such things. One moment, he was caught in a secret meeting with Yu Si Yu, and the next moment he confessed to her. The day before, he was thinking of marrying a shu[3] daughter. The next day, he took a fancy to the di[4] daughter. He really thinks he has such a big face[5]! Who does he think he is? Pan An's[6] reincarnation?

Yu Si Yu stared at Fang Zhi Chen in astonishment. She simply couldn't believe her own ears.

Tao Hong exploded in anger. She pointed to him and scolded, "You lecher! You and my master have never met, so who are you admiring? Don't just randomly splash dirty water on my master!"

Fang Zhi Chen even used gestures when explaining, and was at least able to explain clearly about the affinity to meet at the Taoist temple.

Yu Xiang squinted her eyes and asked, "Why do you want to marry me when I can't walk? Who will manage your household finances, food and wine, and management of servants, food, accounts?"

When Fang Zhi Chen saw that she asked so seriously, he unconsciously gave a relieved smile, "This subject would marry my cousin first and she will take care of the household finances, food and wine, and inner affairs. Even if it's difficult for Young Miss to conceive, the children my cousin gives birth to will be under Young Miss' name and you would be recognized as the mother of the child. Even when you join the Fang family, you would still be able to continue the lifestyle you are having now in the Yu manor, and would not need to worry about anything at all. This subject will definitely take good care of Young Miss, and wouldn't let Young Miss suffer the slightest bit of grievance. My cousin is sweet-tempered and docile. She grew up in the Fang family, so if Young Miss has any difficulties, she will be able to help handle them for you and serve you with all her heart."

Yu Xiang gently rubbed her lips with her fingertips. When he finished talking, she couldn't help but smile. The originally delicate face in the candlelight was especially mesmerizing, the small cinnabar in between her eyebrows faintly shone red rays which would directly draw one's soul into her Violet Palace[7].