Chapter 78

Shen Yuan Qi's method of handling affairs has always been ruthlessly shrewd and guileful. Now that the younger sister he longed-for is by his side, he would naturally put out his utmost fervor to respond and moments later, the two young girls became familiar with him.

After listening to the part of him being a slave in the Xue family, Yu Xiang clicked her tongue in wonder and asked, "Do you have ten taels of silver?"

Reaching for his money pouch, Shen Yuan Qi replied softly, "Of course." He did not feel the least bit wrong with the young girl he had merely met twice demanding him for silver taels.

Yu Xiang covered her face and said, "Didn't I say at that time you can throw the silver taels back to my face after you've thrived? I didn't expect those words to come true. So, just throw it. I, Yu Xiang, am not that kind of vile character who fails to make good on my promise and moreover, those silver taels were actually mine, so there is no reason not to ask for it back. The most exhilarating thing in this world is to be slugged by silver taels, so just slug it away, as long as it doesn't hit my face, I can endure a hundred or more silver taels.

Shen Yuan Qi was stunned then burst into hearty laughter immediately. Such a quirky and spontaneously uninhibited little girl is exactly his Di younger sister who is thousands times more adorable than he would have imagined. Why did Heavens insist on playing such a trick on them, letting her go to the Yu family while sending the jinx to the Shen family. Was it not as such, their family would surely be living very happily now.

Smiling, his eyes exuded deep anguished.

Yu Xiang seemed to sense it somewhat while the Ninth Princess was seemingly enthralled as she propped her chin up and stared at the extremely handsome smiling face of the top scholar.

Exactly at this moment, a low deep voice resounded, "Lord Shen, His Highness is looking for you."

Everyone turned their heads to look, revealing different expressions. While the Ninth Princess and Shen Yuan Qi were somewhat inexplicably heedful, Yu Xiang, however, was very much surprised as she called out her elder brother.

Stepping forward to greet the Ninth Princess, Yu Pin Yan then stared at his younger sister and asked, "Has Xiang'er and Lord Shen known each other for a long time?"

"En. When Lord Shen fell under the wheel of my carriage and almost crushed to death, I compensated him with ten taels of silver for the shock." In order to save the face of the top scholar, Yu Xiang vaguely left out the matter of him 'seeking death.'

Not knowing whether to laugh or to cry, Shen Yuan Qi nodded his head.

Turning her wheelchair to a different direction, Yu Pin Yan pushed it towards the side door not far away and softly said, "This is the boundary of the front courtyard, so to avoid the Ninth Princess from running into any foreign man, you should bring her back. Old General Fan has just arrived and Miss Fan most probably is looking for both of you."

Yu Xiang obediently agreed and dragged the reluctant Ninth Princess away. Watching them go distant away, Yu Pin Yan turned back and gazed piercingly at Shen Yuan Qi, "What did you say to Xiang'er?"

"Words that should not be said, this official will not say. So please rest assured, Commander Yu." After a pause, Shen Yuan Qi eventually could not help asking, "Commander Yu has said you will send this official's younger sister home, yet not knowing when is it actually?"

Glancing profoundly at him, Yu Pin Yan took a step forward, "Wait after Xiang'er's coming of age (jiji[1])."

Shen Yuan Qi questioned closely as he blindly kept pace, "Why must it be after the coming of age (jiji)?" He can't wait for a moment longer.