Chapter 106

Lin Shi wanted to take along her late husband's memorial tablet, but was stopped by Ma Momo, saying that she is no longer the wife of the Marquis and is not worthy to worship him. These words caused Lin Shi cried yet she had no choice but to pack and leave after crying her heart out.

Yu Miao Qi sat with her in the carriage while Yu Pin Yan rode a horse ahead to lead the way. Instead of going to Lin mansion, the group went to the small courtyard of Lin Ji Min (Lin Shi's Di[1] younger brother) on South Gate Street.

Holding Lin Shi's cold fingers, Yu Miao Qi asked quietly, "Mother, Younger Uncle is undependable, why don't you look for the Eldest Uncle (Lin Shi's Shu[2] brother)? Although you are not the Marquis' wife anymore, I am anyhow still in the Yu family. They won't dare do anything to you for my sake." In the end, she was thinking for herself too. As only sending Lin Shi back to Lin family mansion would she have a chance to hook up with Eldest Uncle Lin and be able to use the Lin family's wealth to turn the tide in her favor.

Lin Shi shook her head firmly, "I can't go look for you Eldest Uncle. If he knows that I have been divorced by the Marquis, not only will he not help me but will also do his best to suppress me. Can't go find your Eldest Uncle." She reiterated again.

Yu Miao Qi felt rather uncomfortable, "Mother, what kind of deep hatred can make him hold a grudge up to now? In any case, you are at least a family who should share the same interest to prosper or diminish together ah."

Lin Shi hesitated for a long time before she finally spoke frankly, "In order to fight for the family possession, I joined hands with your Younger Uncle and caused the death of your Eldest Uncle's Di eldest son, so ... "

She really couldn't say those latter words.

Yu Miao Qi was too stunned to utter a word. She could not have imagined that Lin Shi, who looked so meek and weak, would actually have such a vicious and ruthless side. If you can collude with others to kill your eldest brother's Di son, why can't you get Yu Xiang killed earlier? She simply wanted to shriek out in spite of everything.

There was dead silence in the carriage. When the two of them regained their senses, they had already arrived in front of Lin Jin Min's door. Seeing Yu Pin Yan leapt down from the tall horse, Sun Shi hurriedly lifted the skirt to greet him, "I say why are the magpies persistently lark on the tree branch[3] today, it's because Eldest Nephew is coming! Please come in quickly!"

Yu Pin Yan waved his hand, "No, thanks. This Marquis is just sending her home. Please take care of her from now on."

When Sun Shi looked back, she saw Yu Miao Qi and Lin Shi standing by the carriage. Both their faces were haggard and Lin Shi was carrying a small bundle in her hand. Sun Shi was also present on the day of jiji. She was so ashamed by those disgraceful things both Lin Shi and Yu Miao Qi did that she could not raise her head for half a month. How could she still not understand seeing this circumstance, the Marquis manor must have divorced Lin Shi to appease the public's wrath.

From the standpoint of an outsider, Sun Shi would say 'should'! But from the family's stance, she just wanted to kneel down to Yu Pin Yan begging him not to be so ruthless.

Unexpectedly before she even opened her mouth, Yu Pin Yan had already leapt onto his horse and urged, "Do tell what you have to say quickly, this Marquis has something to do."

With Lin Shi gone, Yu Miao Qi could be said to be really isolated and without help. She tugged the corner of Yu Pin Yan's robe and pleaded, "Elder Brother, can you wait for the storm to subsides then bring Mother back? I know you blame Mother for being indifferent to you, but think about it, she has never treated you badly all these years ah! Wasn't it hard for her to carry for ten months and give birth to you?"