Chapter 125

Yu Pin Yan's reputation was so renowned and his martial arts skills were so exceptional that his name alone was equivalent to tens of thousands of troops ‒ a true killer on the battlefield. The news of his death and resurrection sent the Western Barbarian's army into a state of chaos. Furthermore, it was unknown where the surprise attack of 50,000 troops from the rear came from, but it was just like a divine army descending from heaven.

Cowardice settled in their psychology. As a result, they completely lost the will to fight on the battlefield. In just one day and one night, the Western Barbarian army suffered repeated retreat and defeat. Not only were the newly-acquired cities of Wulan Province and Fengxing returned to the Han, but they were also driven to the banks of the Wu River by Yu Pin Yan. In desperation, they had no choice but to risk wading across the river.

To swim when the heart was filled with dread and disorder, this confusion caused many of those from the Western Barbarian army to drown and instantly reversed the tide of the battle for good.

The Second Prince of the Western Barbarians, bare-legged, had clearly become an easy target. He was struck by Yu Pin Yan's arrow and fell off his horse. He was then swiftly tied up and dragged back to the barracks by several low-rank soldiers.

Although the tide of the battle was turned, the Han army still suffered heavy losses. While Fang Da's 50,000-strong army suffered no casualties, Yu Pin Yan lost more than half. There were only three men left in the central army. The right flank was ambushed, and barely a few thousands of men survived. Only the left-wing army led by Xu Mao had suffered hundreds of casualties, which was a miracle.

However, such a miracle was obvious to the discerning eye.

Looking at the battle report in his hand, Yu Pin Yan laughed coldly and immediately ordered his men to receive Yu Xiang and Master Ku Hai, who were staying at Xuluo Road, to Wulan Province.

At the moment, the imperial court of Western Barbarian was in pandemonium. Several imperial princes leading their respective tribes were in a chaotic battle. All of them wanted to fight for the highest position of power.

Yu Pin Yan waited. To minimize the damage to the Han army, he waited until the Western Barbarian army had an internal defeat before he delivered the fatal blow. But in order to paralyze the Western Barbarians, he sent a letter to the Western Barbarian Emperor asking them to ransom the second prince with land, cattle, sheep, war horses and gold. This was to give them the illusion that he intended to seek peace.

After everything was arranged, he strode to the dungeon, took a whip that was immersed in salt water from a soldier and struck the second prince severely. His miserable howl reverberated in the cramped space, making one feel terrified.

The Second Prince was only nineteen years old, fresh and inexperienced. It was his first time on the battlefield, so he could not withstand such torture. After a couple of blows, he begged loudly for mercy, "Don't hit me! Don't hit me! I will confess everything! The one who colluded with me was Xu Mao, who wanted to use my hand to kill Yu Pin Yan! The person backing them is the prince of your Great Han. He said that killing Yu Pin Yan will clear the way for him to ascend to the throne and become Emperor. As for which imperial son, I don't know. Alright, I have confessed. So don't hit me anymore, (whimpers)"

The rest of the generals were also interrogated. When they heard this, they turned their heads to look at Xu Mao and his confidants.

Xu Mao's heart was in a state of frenzy. However, on the surface, he gritted his teeth and questioned, "Shut up, you are making false accusations! I am loyal to His Majesty, I have never had any dissenting thoughts! You cannot convict me on the basis of this barbarian's words alone! You must show proof, or I will not be reconciled! Furthermore, I would like to ask the Commander why he has moved the border troops on his own accord? It is clearly written in the law that this is a capital offence of treason! If you don't punish him, why are you punishing me instead? Oh, I get it. You are killing me to silence me!" As he said that, he drew his sword and was ready to charge forward.