Chapter 54

Though there were many thoughts in her mind, Yu Xiang's movement did not stop. Once the moisturizing cream had been slathered, there was no need to apply anything else. She just needed to finely blend a little peach blossom powder around her cheeks, the corners of her eyes and lips, then used the black pigment brush to lightly sweep over her delicate eyebrows. After that, several mahogany hair-pins were used on the jet-black hair to form the hanging buns before a peach blossom flower shape ornament was glued between her eyebrows, and a simple peach blossom makeup was completed.

She tilted her head slightly to size up the lovely reflection in the bronze mirror, who was truly more beautiful than the blooming flowers and sweet as honey, hence she couldn't help but hook her lips and smile.

As early as she started her movement, Yu Miao Qi had looked conscientiously and secretly remembered every step by heart. There's an idiom that said three-point on look while seven-point is to dress-up[1], yet this person is not only very good in her look, she also has superb skills when it comes to makeup. It was also because she was in the Marquis manor, otherwise she wouldn't have the leisure to think about it every day.

Yu Miao Qi felt that she should not think too much, whenever she pondered a little too deeply, her hatred for Yu Xiang would increase by one point that she couldn't even hide it.

Yu Xiang was also observing her secretly through the bronze mirror before she suddenly pursed her lips and smiled, "Elder Sister, it's strange to say that you and I are twin sisters. How could we didn't look the least bit alike? I look so beautiful, but Elder Sister is somewhat unremarkable..."

She caressed her cheek as she spoke and hurriedly covered her delicate small mouth with a handkerchief with an apologetic look as if feeling quite hurtful to speak this frankly. As a matter of fact, Yu Miao Qi is not bad looking and can even be said to be incomparably beautiful, but she is lacking standing beside the extremely gorgeous Yu Xiang.

What people are most afraid of is comparison.

Yu Miao Qi was almost on the verge of losing control of the gentle and elegant smile on her face that her fingernails dug into her palms firmly before she could speak calmly, "There are many twins who do not look alike, so there is nothing strange about it. I took after Mother, but I don't know who Younger Sister took after?" Who else could you take after? You're just a bastard.

Yu Xiang's smile grew sweeter as she interjected, "I naturally took after Elder Brother. Don't you see that I'm five points resembling him?" Once the words fell, she turned to face her.

Taking a closer look, Yu Miao Qi was shocked to realize that Yu Xiang really resembles Yu Pin Yan, especially the overbearing arrogance between their eyebrows that was simply like each other. No wonder no one suspected her identity before she turned ten. The world is so big where the Capital is thousands of mountains and rivers[2] from Lingnan, and there's no connection with the Yu family, so how could she look like Yu Pin Yan? What kind of luck is it to create such a coincidence?

Yu Miao Qi's breath became somewhat heavier that she suddenly felt discontented for inheriting Lin Shi's delicate appearance.

Yu Xiang felt cheerful whenever she was unhappy. Lifting the lid of the jewelry box, she groped for a silky flower and put it on the side of her hair. She felt dissatisfied with this one and also unfitting of the others. A moment later, the dressing table was heaped with many pieces of jewelry that refracted various bright rays of colors under the sunlight which made people swoon with blurry vision.

The annoyed Yu Miao Qi's attention was soon drawn.

Yu Xiang was playing with a jade hairpin in her hand and beckoned towards her casually, "Elder Sister, come over."