Chapter 83

The Crown Prince touched the coral-like vermilion tree and asked, "What is this?"

The imperial physician bowed and replied, "Reporting to the Crown Prince, this tree is called 'Worm-devourer', not because it devours insects or others rather it discharges the scent that drives away snakes, insects, mice and ants. The tree originally grew in Nanyang (south sea), a place filled with poisonous insects and pests which is a necessity for the Nanyang merchants. Due to its fragile stem, it's difficult to cultivate and has long gone extinct. Since the Crown Princess inhaled a lot of the tree's discharged scent, the leech was unable to bear it and had to crawl out from the nostril to find another place for survival. It was also the prompt arrival of this tree, as once the leech remained in the brain for another half a month, perhaps..."

Realizing he had spoken wrongly, the imperial physician hastily remedied the situation, "Niang-niang[1] is indeed worthy of Heaven's help. This humble official will write a few prescriptions that replenish blood and nourish the qi (energy spirit) then all will be fine after a few months of meticulous care."

"Very good, bring the paper and pen over." The Crown Prince waved his sleeve to Song Momo who was standing at the corner.

Song Momo immediately handed over the paper and pen, her fingers were still trembling which evidently traumatized to a great extent. Leaning closer to the Crown Princess' bosom, the Crown Prince carefully sniffed the small vermilion tree then raised his face and asked the Crown Princess, "Zhen'er sees if Gu[2] have a nosebleed?"

The Crown Princess was amused by him. Stroking his temple gently, she softly said, "No, the Crown Prince is the true bloodline of the dragon, so how can the evil spirits and demons get close to you."

Eyes darkened, the Crown Prince sighed, "What true bloodline of the dragon, this is just a body of flesh and blood. If Xiang'er hadn't sent this by chance, who would have thought a small worm could take a person's life without anyone knowing."

"Precisely. Xiang'er is really Chenqie[3] little lucky star while Chenqie has really treated her shabbily to have her coming over and getting traumatized despite her disability."

"You'll make it up for her properly in the future then." Tugging the messy hair on the side of the Crown Princess' cheek behind her ears and seeing that the imperial physician had written down those prescriptions, the Crown Prince whispered, "This is a freaky insidious matter which Yi Feng and I will not leave any stones unturned. So, you should set your mind at ease and I will leave first."

As the Crown Princess wanted to catch the perpetrator as soon as possible too, she didn't urge him to stay.

Once the Crown Prince got out of the room, he hinted to Yu Pin Yan then exhorted a few words to the womenfolk who were waiting outside, "The Crown Princess is physically listless. Just go in for a short while then go back and don't disturb too much."

The two of them went straight to the study and the imperial physician followed closely with a teacup in his hand.

The crowd of womenfolk responded with a yes then sent both the Crown Prince and Commander Yu off with submissive respect before entering the room for visitation. Min Lan scrambled to precede which caused Consort Xu to stumble severely while she was crossing the threshold and instantly breached her composed expression, betraying her deep sense of panic.

After Song Momo and two court ladies had greeted them, Song Momo bent to lift Yu Xiang's wheelchair over the threshold and tearfully whispered her thanks causing Yu Xiang to look inexplicably at her for a moment.

The Crown Princess had already changed into a clean white underclothes and the cotton wads on the ground had also been cleared up. The windows on all sides were opened and the cold wind that constantly breezed in disperse the scent of the small vermillion tree everywhere. Such a scene was truly tranquil and pleasant. Moreover, looking at the piercingly bright subtle eyes of the Crown Princess, there wasn't the least bit of dying appearance.