Chapter 114

Slight NSFW warning!!

Yu Pin Yan was at the Cavalry camp to reorganise the army and raise money for provision for army provisions. Half a month later, he returned home to bid goodbye to his family. The Old Madam had prepared a table of good wine and food for his departure.

The dishes enticed the senses and were mouth-watering inducing, and the wine inside the cups were fragrant. However, there weren't any conversations or laughter that could be heard in the living room. The Old Madam resisted the urge to sigh and strove to speak with a smile, "Let's eat, why are you still standing there? Come, have a drink with your elder brother and wish him a safe journey and a triumphant return."

Yu Miao Qi was the first to comply. She lifted her wine cup and raised it towards Yu Pin Yan, smiling, "Elder Brother, I'd like to propose to toast to you. May you quell the barbarians and return home victorious." After finishing her sentence, she took a small sip.

Yu Pin Yan gave her face[1] and drained his cup of wine in one go. Then Yu Si Yu spoke only auspicious words such as returning to the imperial court in triumph. After the masses had toasted, they noticed that Yu Xiang had kept her head down and was fiddling with her wine glass, not saying a word.

"Xiang'er, have a drink with your elder brother for his expedition. You are the one he misses most when he is away." The Old Madam reached out to stroke her hair.

It was as if Yu Xiang woke up from a dream. She picked up her wine glass and said a short 'come back alive' and drank it all in one go. Without waiting for Yu Pin Yan reciprocate the toast, she immediately filled a glass for herself and drank them all with her head raised. She poured four or five glasses before wiping her mouth with a handkerchief. Her small mouth slightly opened and she let out a very elegant hiccup. A flush gradually appeared on her cheeks.

At this point, the Old Madam could see that her granddaughter was very unhappy and wanted to get herself drunk. She wanted to stop her, but when she opened her mouth, she realised that everything she said would be meaningless. Instead, she followed her granddaughter's example and poured several glasses of wine into her mouth before finally letting out a long sigh.

"It's not good to drink on an empty stomach. Eat more food." Yu Pin Yan put away their (Yu Xiang's and the Old Madam's) glasses and gently persuaded them.

When Yu Xiang was left without a glass of wine, she simply took the wine jug and poured it into her mouth. By the time Yu Pin Yan snatched it away, it was already half empty. Her face was flushed and her eyes were misty as she rested her cheeks on one hand and gave Yu Pin Yan a dish with the other, smiling foolishly, "Eat while it's hot, Elder brother. You'll have to eat rations when you get to the western border. This steamed sea bass is your favourite, so is this braised pork ball in brown sauce, and this braised pig's tail with chestnuts..."

Although she was very drunk, she could still list out her brother's preferences with her eyes closed. She added them into his bowl and only stopped when it was filled to the brim and almost overflowing. She looked up at the sky in a thoughtful manner, "Let me think what else my elder brother likes to eat. Mm, there isn't his favourite food on the table. Then I have here this honey peach flavoured mo(uth)...... " As she said that she moved towards her elder brother, her red little mouth pouting slightly.

Tao Hong and Liu Lu couldn't help but cover their faces. Smiles filled Yu Pin Yan's gaze as he placed his palm on the back of her head and pressed her flushed face into his arms, stopping her from saying anything else. He said helplessly to the Old Madam, "Xiang'er is drunk, I'll bring her back first."

The Old Madam didn't doubt him and waved her hand, "Go on, she's having a hard time, so you can persuade her."

Yu Pin Yan nodded and picked his sister up as if he was carrying an infant, letting her head rest on his shoulder. The appearance of the two of them were so intimate that it made it seem very ambiguous. But because of their relationship as siblings and because Yu Xiang was unable to walk, no one suspected anything for so many years.