Chapter 74

The protagonist of every book is immortal, unless it is a tragedy.

And the book that Yu Xiang transmigrated over is not a tragedy, hence as the protagonist, Yu Miao Qi naturally cannot be easily defeated. She has no more facade in front of Yu Pin Yan and Old Madam, thus she will not seek to be a pain in the ass, instead concentrating on managing the affairs of the manor. She knows her only way out at present is to get married, so the household management duties can only be held in the hands of Lin Shi and must not be given back to Old Madam, who otherwise will meddle with her marriage.

She would rather be beaten to death than to willingly marry a sixth or seventh rank petty official like Yu Si Yu. Her future husband must have a higher standing and be influentially powerful than Yu Pin Yan.

Secretly, Yu Miao Qi had inquired clearly about the mandate of the All Commander and the various deeds of the Dragon Scale Guard. It was not until now that she realized - except the Emperor, the one whose status and power that can be above Yu Pin Yan in the entire Great Han Dynasty is the Crown Prince as several other princes still have to be careful whenever they are in front of All Commander Yu.

Hearing this, Yu Miao Qi broke out in cold sweat instantly then felt appallingly resentful to death soon after that. With such an all-pervasive and cunning force in his hand, what else can't Yu Pin Yan find out? Yet he did not say anything, instead he led her on one verse after another while coldly watching as she made up botched lies to cover her past up.

He surely felt her laughable? As hearsay, he is indeed cold-bloodedly ruthless to enjoy the sight and make fun of his Di younger sister like a clown.

Yu Miao Qi was full of deep-seated hatred for Yu Pin Yan, Old Madam, Yu Xiang, Yu Si Yu and even the entire Yu family. She vowed to get ahead, then ruthlessly crushed the Yu family under the soles of her feet.

However, as a female of weaker sex, she can't participate in the imperial examination, mustn't seek the limelight nor make a name for herself, so what else can she use to fight against the Yu family? After much thought, the only way is to marry someone and he must be the Crown Prince.

When the slap print on her face subsided, Yu Miao Qi began to gather information about the Crown Prince and the other princes. To enable Lin Shi bringing her out to socialize, she urged Lin Shi to get well hastily.

**********

The Ninth Princess came to visit Yu Xiang out of a sudden on this day. She stooped over and walked bashfully behind the two court ladies, looking helplessly sad and extremely worried.

Sitting by the lotus pond, Yu Xiang was feeding the fishes and when she saw her arrival, she ordered Tao Hong to bring over some pastries.

"Hey, why did you lose so much weight? Your chin is even pointy now." Yu Xiang tossed all the fish feed in her hand into the water. Wiping her fingers dry, she then grabbed the lower jaw of the Ninth Princess to size her up meticulously.

With her lips pursed, the Ninth Princess looked very sad.

"What's wrong? Who bullied you?" Yu Xiang grasped her horsewhip.

"No one is bullying me. This matter is rather hard to say." Glancing around, the Ninth Princess settled on a stone bench by the pond with her chest squeezed and back bent while both her hands supported her lower chin and sighed dejectedly.

"Even hard to tell me? Just say out what's the unhappy matter to amuse me." Simultaneously playing with the horse whip, Yu Xiang bit her ear as she coaxed in a low voice.

There was struggle revealed in the eyes of the Ninth Princess. Opening and closing her small mouth, she was about to spit the truth out when Yu Miao Qi was seen coming with her signature gentle smile and a tray of appetizing pastries.