Chapter 39

The Crown Princess had been in labour for a whole night, and the midwife shoved a ginseng slice into her mouth for the fifth time, and shouted into her ear, "Use some force, Your Highness, push harder, just a little more!"

The Crown Princess's consciousness was already getting fuzzy, she couldn't even shout. Her head swayed slightly and from the looks of it, she was about to pass out.

If she really fainted, the two unborn children would suffocate to death, and the mother's life might be in danger. The midwife was so distressed that she did not dare to say anything. She turned to look at Song Momo while applying a lot of force to press on the Crown Princess's stomach.

"Come here and say something to your master to help her stay awake. If she really faints everyone in this room all would be..." She made a gesture on her neck.

Song Momo immediately stepped forward to wipe her master's sweat. She racked her brains to think of what to say such as 'His Highness, the Crown Prince, is waiting for you outside.', 'His Majesty has been looking forward to this for a long time', 'If something happens to you, wouldn't it pain the ones close to you and joy to your enemies?' and so on. However, the Crown Princess was unresponsive and her eyelids grew heavier and heavier.

Song Momo suddenly had an epiphany and shouted, "Your highness, do you remember the 'Dragon and Phoenix' Qian[1] Miss Xiang'er drew? She said the deities are blessing you with her hands. We are now in Baiyun temple. Maybe the Taoist ancestor[2] is watching over us! Bamboo turns into a dragon and phoenix soaring in the sky, and the Taoist rays of light illuminate all evils and disperses them. With the blessing of the Taoist Ancestor, no evil can harm you, you and the two little imperial grandchildren will be safe and sound! It's the will of the heavens, the will of heavens! Your highness, if you put in a little more effort, the little imperial grandson will be out in a moment!"

At first, the Crown Princess's eyelids were still drooping. However, when she heard the last few lines, her eyes suddenly widened and she started to chew the ginseng slices in her mouth, swallowed the ginseng juice, screamed and exerted herself. In the most desperate times, people always prayed for help from the Deities and Buddhas they believe in, and the Crown Princess was no exception. With the implied meaning from what was on the Qian, she suddenly felt a surge of infinite hope and strength, actually coming back to life at the brink of death, striving for her future.

It was dawn, and the Crown Prince had stood on the porch all night.

The drizzle had stopped at some point, leaving only the azure-coloured smog covering the entire mountain top. And in the distance, the majestic and steep mountain peaks loomed within the fog and clouds. The scenery was breathtakingly beautiful.

Suddenly, a gap emerged from the thick layers of clouds, and rays of golden light poured down from between the gap and casting itself on the mountain's peak. The multi coloured halo of light dissolved in layers, making the azure-coloured mountains come alive.

The brilliant light was so dazzling that it caused a few Dragon Scale guards to turn and admire, all of them had on a stunned expression.

At this moment, a shrill scream scream was heard inside the delivery room, followed by two resonant cries, one after another. There were people constantly shouting 'they have been born, they have been born', their voices were filled with intense emotions, and crying tears of joy.

The Crown Prince strode to the door only to see Song Momo holding a small baby, wrapped in a cloth towel, in each of her left and right arms. She cried and smiled at the same time, "Congratulations, Your Highness. This is the Little Prince and this is the Little Princess. Your Highness, take a look at them. All is well with the Crown Princess, please rest assured" She leaned over, revealing the two small red faces in her arms.