Chapter 100

Yu Pin Yan could sense his younger sister's resistance but he did not take it seriously. When he wanted to stuff a hot water bottle into her arms, he felt it was somewhat cold and personally went to the side room next door to have it refilled.

Yu Si Yu spoke with a smile, "Elder Brother still spoils you like this. With Elder Brother's protection, what can Yu Miao Qi do? It's getting late anyway, I should go back." She looked at the golden rays and rosy clouds outside the window.

Yu Xiang hurriedly pulled her back, "You should stay to have dinner together since it's late." Once the words faltered, she hastily beckoned at Tao Hong, "Go to the dining room and see if dinner is ready."

Tao Hong responded clearly. En route, she kept sensing that all the servants were silently scrutinizing her and that she could not help but shouted in annoyance, "A bunch of bastards, what are you looking at! So what if my family Young Miss is not the bloodline of Yu manor? My family Young Miss has been in Yu manor for fifteen years and has the most deep-seated affection with both Old Madam and the Marquis. Even after Second Young Miss' return, did you see Old Madam and the Marquis partial to her but not our Young Miss. Are all of you bastards having thoughts of mistreating our Young Miss now? Let me tell you, the Marquis has said that if anyone dares to disrespect Young Miss, he will chop whoever into minced meat! All of you can try if you have the guts! Who are those people that secretly peeked at me just now? Gouzi, Jinling, Old Li ... I remember you. All of you have better watch out!"

Hearing those words, the crowd near the foot of the wall immediately slipped away and wished they could stuff their heads inside the crotch of the trousers as it could presumably be true. Although Third Young Miss is not blood-related, her affections with the Marquis and Old Madam cannot be faked. Even though Second Young Miss snatched the West Wing courtyard, the Marquis instantly gave Jingfu courtyard next to his study to Third Young Miss. Isn't it obvious at a glance who is the one favored and who's not?

Thinking of such, no one dares to have other thoughts anymore. When Tao Hong arrived at the dining room, the steward in charge of purchasing had already been flogged to death and the current steward is the one Yu Xiang had approvingly used before. Seeing her, she was excessively zealous as she hastily placed more than a dozen delectable dishes in the food box.

When Yu Pin Yan returned after refilling the hot water bottle and hearing Yu Xiang hastening for the meals, he seemed to remember something that he turned around to go out again then soon pushed the door and entered with a box.

"What's that smell?" Yu Xiang pinched the tip of her nose.

Yu Si Yu could not help but frown too.

Once the box was opened, the Chinese medicinal smell that assailed the nostrils was even more intense. It was somewhat acrid, a little peppery and rather strange which mixed together could suffocate people to pass out. Yu Xiang dodged far far away to sneak a peek and saw twelve black pils the size of pigeon eggs neatly placed in the box.

"What is this? It can't be for my consumption, is it?" A foreboding sense rose in her heart.

"This is Wuji Baifeng pill[1] that I asked from Divine Doctor Pu which purpose is treating abdominal pain during menstruation. Take one before meals every day." Saying that, Yu Pin Yan pinched one up and fed it to his younger sister's mouth with half coax and half threaten tone, "Good Xiang'er, eat it quickly. Divine Doctor Pu said that you need to treat this problem as early as possible, otherwise the pain will get worse each month. It's fine if you refuse to eat it, Elder Brother will rub for you." He assumed the posture to touch her abdomen once the words faltered.

Yu Si Yu was just seated across the table and how could Yu Xiang be bold enough to let him touch her belly. With knitted brows as if facing death unflinchingly, she took a bite then revealed an almost retching expression.