Chapter 16

Old Madam Yu truly wished she could dugged a hole in the ground to squeeze herself in when she caught sight of her own granddaughter speaking fiercely to the Ninth Princess and hoodwinked the princess to get closer with an unconcealable boorish cunning look. Bean-big droplets of cold sweat were dripping from her forehead as she was afraid that the little brat would continue to create havoc when she heard the sound of the Empress' suppressed snorty laugh.

Yu Pin Yan on the other hand was extremely calm with none whatsoever expression on his handsome carved face.

The Crown Prince and the Crown Princess had also turned their faces away yet their shoulders were slightly shaking as the sight of these two snowball-like little girls staring at each other was indeed too adorable.

"Did her legs become like this for the sake of saving Pin Yan?" The Empress asked in a low voice.

"Yes." Old Madam nodded her head.

"Can it be cured?"

"Physician Xue did an examination and said there will be no hope unless Great Master Ku Hui undertakes the treatment."

They could originally count upon Divine Doctor Pu for treatment, however the chance slipped away for saving the Crown Prince. Old Madam couldn't mention these in front of the imperial family, otherwise they would turn out to be narrow-minded and hoping to rely on the grace as repayment.

Even if she didn't mention it, the Empress would be unlikely to forget either and immediately expressed, "Do rest assured. Bengong[1] has already dispatched people to find Great Master Ku Hui. Bengong will definitely bring him back so long as the great master is still alive."

Before Old Madam could respond, Yu Pin Yan bowed and spoke cordially, "This humble servant will thank the Empress' kindness on behalf of my younger sister."

"Don't say this as it's also thanks to you that Cheng Si (Crown Prince's name) is able to return safely to Bengong's side. The one that ought to be grateful is supposed to be Bengong." The Empress smiled and waved her hand. She then pointed at the spirited and cute little girl between the flowering shrubs, "Yu Xiang is a good one. She has a profound understanding at such a young age. Bengong's Little Qiu'er has a very clear mind and if she likes that person after a glance, nothing can go wrong."

Old Madam repeatedly said they didn't deserve it. As she looked forward, the worries that she had just offloaded raised again when she saw her own granddaughter swiftly lift up the woolen blanket and without waiting for the Ninth Princess' reaction, she quickly covered her legs back then laughingly rubbed the head of the Ninth Princess. Wasn't the agreement was to have a glance? This damn child, the Empress was just here staring and you dared to deceive the Ninth Princess.

The Ninth Princess also felt cheated and glared at Yu Xiang with an accusation in her eyes then clearly stated, "I haven't seen it!"

"Your eyesight is not good, so you can't blame me." Yu Xiang beamingly said, "I will let you look again but you will let me take a bite of the pastry that you are holding, just one bite!" Looking at her roundness, she must be a foodie.

The Ninth Princess was at a loss but when she saw the beautiful smile on lotus seed cake, she reluctantly extended her hand.

Yu Xiang was not the least bit courteous at all. She swallowed the whole pastry in one mouthful and only left the little pastry crust on the fingertips of the Ninth Princess. The Ninth Princess stared at her in shock then pursed her lips with her nose twitching and reddened eyes revealing a super cute crying look.

Old Madam Yu was just standing behind the Empress thus she couldn't see her expression and also dared not turn to look at both the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess' expressions. She was scared witless and would soon be frightened to death by this brat!