Chapter 76

Lin Shi has not had a peaceful sleep in these half a month and is now lying on the soft couch drinking the medicine. When she saw her daughter entering the room, a flash of terror drifted within her eyes.

The appearance of the bloodied mangled bodies of the entire Jin family and her daughter's cold-blooded face alternated in her mind. Gnashing her teeth, she whispered, "You're back? Have you seen the Ninth Princess?"

"I did." Yu Miao Qi randomly picked a stool and sat down then fished out a handkerchief to wipe the blood from her palm.

Seeing that, Lin Shi was shocked and asked anxiously, "How did you get hurt? I'll get someone to find a doctor for you."

Wrapping the blood-stained handkerchief around her hand at will, Yu Miao Qi shook her head, "This little injury is nothing, I can just sprinkle some incised-wound medication myself. Recalling the time when I was imprisoned and tortured in the dungeon by Elder Brother, the injuries were a hundred and thousand times more severe than this. Physical suffering is already a common occurrence for me since my lives are worthless anyway, so why does it matter?"

Hearing these words, how could Lin Shi still remember her previous fear and wariness. She rushed to her side to check those scarred hands and wept in distress. If her daughter had not undergone so much hardship, how would she have turned out like this? Even if she has committed a sin, it should be the wickedness of the Shen family, the wrongdoing of Yu Pin Yan and the misdemeanor of Yu Xiang, how could this be blamed on Qi'er? She is actually the gravest victim here!

"My child, you've suffered! Mother has let you down..." Patting her daughter's back, she lamented and wept.

Feeling fed up yet without showing it, Yu Miao Qi comforted, "Daughter is willing to endure however much hardship just to be able to reunite with Mother. Don't cry, wipe your tears. As they dote on Yu Xiang and detest me so much, I can't stay any longer in the Marquis manor if things continue this way. Mother, I want to get married soon and then bring you out."

Lin Shi was deeply moved and laughed with tears in her eyes, "My child, are you muddled-headed? What's the rationale of a mother leaving the manor to live independently with the daughter. Even if Yan'er treats me badly, he is still a Marquis and the heir of Yu manor. He has to look after me till old age and give me a proper burial when I die."

"Looking at his cold-blooded appearance, how will he take care of you till old age? I must marry a husband who is more powerful and influential than him, then he will fear me. In that way, you will have support in the Marquis manor. He does not acknowledge you, I will and if he does not take care of you then I will provide for you. I want you to live the rest of your life happily and honorably. What do you say, Mother?" Yu Miao Qi wrapped her arms around Lin Shi's neck and asked expectantly.

Lin Shi was captivated by the big pie she painted and her heart was flooded with joy which engulfed her almost dying heart with lushness and prosperity.

She stopped crying and nodded with a smile.

Withdrawing from her embrace, Yu Miao Qi spoke bluntly, "Then Mother will go dress up and bring me to attend a banquet in the Crown Prince residence."

"Attend a banquet in the Crown Prince residence?" Lin Shi was dazed.

"Precisely. In order to marry me off, shouldn't Mother help me find a respectable family? Mother, daughter will not hide from you, daughter wants to marry the Crown Prince." Yu Miao Qi's tone was both firm and flat, as if talking about a mere trivial matter rather than her own lifelong event.

"Marry the Crown Prince?" Lin Shi had yet to regain her senses and could only mimic her words.

"That's right. Only by marrying the Crown Prince can I contend against Yu Pin Yan and protect myself as well as Mother."