Chapter 22

Before Liu Lu left, she voiced that she was worried about her master and thus asked Ma Momo to help look after her for a little while. The yard was full of servants, how can there be no one left to command when five of them leave? And for them to rely on outsiders? Ma momo was fully aware of what Liu Lu was implying.

The Little Marquis didn't pay attention to the affairs of the household. The Old Madam was old; she didn't have enough energy and therefore couldn't manage it. As the most trusted person around the old madam, she knew about Yu Xiang's circumstances.

Since the death of Yu Xiang's wet nurse, the two main maidservants became the masters. Whereas, Yu Xiang was forced to become a servant. Initially, Ma Momo thought that since she was not blood-related to the Marquis, and so let her fend for herself, but now even if she wants to manage she couldn't find a way to do so.

Their master hadn't opined on this matter, yet you venture to do it. Wouldn't that show that you are interfering too much! And now Yu Xiang was very opinionated, and she probably has a plot in her mind.

Ma momo was waiting for her to take action. Today, Liu Lu sought her assistance. She immediately realised that the second young lady wanted to find a way to get rid of all those nuisance! Alright, this time, those people who secretly leave work, lie down on their job and are unable to be found can get out of the Marquis manor immediately.

She walked into the courtyard with a solemn face, and saw that the Little Marquis's personal attendant, Zhang Quan Zheng, was moving a brazier into the house. She was shocked. "Oh, the Marquis is back?"

Zhang Quan Zheng made a silent gesture and pointed to the room.

Alright, she thought these servants were going to be unlucky today, but she didn't expect that they were going to be this bloody unlucky! Let alone let the Little Marquis catch them in the act when he came home early! She neatened her loose hair, that was blown by the wind, and went in looking down.

She saw the Little Marquis sitting on the soft couch holding the young lady who was silently shedding her tears. He wrapped the young lady tightly with his cloak showing a small face that was the size of a palm. He wiped the tears for her and fed her medicine attentively. His eyes showed gentleness, but the tense face indicated storm clouds approaching[1].

"Nubi[2] pays respect to the Little Marquis." Ma momo saluted cautiously.

"What are you here for?" Yu Pin Yan's deep voice was frigid cold.

"This servant was worried and came to check on the young lady."

Hearing this, Yu Pin Yan's expression was slightly better. He glanced at her and said, "You're considerate. Wait at the side then. You can deal with the bunch of wicked slaves later."

Ma momo immediately responded 'of course of course', and quickly stepped into the corner and pretended to be a wooden doll.

Yu Xiang's body gradually warmed up. Both hands were covered in her brother's lapel. His broad and robust chest muscles were tense. She couldn't control herself and stroke it twice. When her elder brother looked down, she blinked at him innocently. Her tears were like a broken string of pearls.

"What are you crying for! Look at yourself! Yu Si Yu is better than you!" Yu Pin Yan's mouth was criticising yet his movements were very gentle. He took her little hands out and placed it near his lips to warm her hands by breathing warm air on them.

Being on the run for the whole time with exhaustion, he grew some stubble which tickled her hands. Yu Xiang couldn't help but wanted to laugh. She quickly threw herself into his arms to disguise. Yu Pin Yan thought that she felt wronged, opened his mouth and didn't say anything in the end.