Chapter 40

When Yu Si Yu left the main courtyard, she covered her mouth with a handkerchief to muffle her uninhibited laugh after seeing there was no one on both left and right sides.

"What are you so happy about?" A familiar voice suddenly came from behind. She looked back and saw Yu Xiang, dressed in a light-yellow with scattered flower dress sitting among the clusters of winter jasmine flowers. Her body was enshrouded by the golden sunlight that set off her beautiness against the flowers.

What's the point of being beautiful when it's such pitiable being a lame? Yu Si Yu ridiculed maliciously in her heart. She wiped the corner of her mouth with the handkerchief before opening her mouth slowly, "I'm naturally happy as Grandmother has agreed to my marriage to the Fang family and will personally discuss the marriage after a month. In the end, she is still my blood-related grandmother and will be distressed about her own granddaughter at the critical moment." The tone on the two 'marriage' words were deliberately emphasized.

Yu Xiang merely narrowed her eyes and pondered for a short moment before chuckling lightly, without any appearances of surprise or jealousy as she had imagined.

Yu Si Yu furiously asked, "Why are you laughing? You don't believe it?"

"No. Of course I believe it." Yu Xiang stopped laughing as she raised and cupped both hands, "Then I will congratulate Eldest Sister in advance and do take care in the future."

How did the Old Madam come up with such a loss? Marrying Yu Si Yu who had a pair of condescending eyes to Fang Zhi Chen whose future was ruined, family wealth confiscated and downtrodden on his luck? Perhaps she was truly angry this time.

Yu Si Yu was extremely dissatisfied with her reaction, just like punching on the cotton, the empty feeling of weightlessness was very upsetting. She pursed her lips and replied sarcastically, "Thank you Younger Sister. You must properly take care of yourself in the future too. Elder Sister Fu'er will be out of mourning next month and presumably will be marrying in soon. I've heard you had a dispute with her in the Taoist temple and even had a quarrel with her younger brother? What will you do after she takes over Yu manor? Don't think that Elder Brother is protecting you now, but when he has a wife and children, he will not be able to take care of you anymore. You think you can live forever in Yu manor? Why don't you hastily look for a small house and move out to avoid the detestment of both Elder Brother and Elder sister-in-law."

At the thought of Yu Xiang being driven out of the manor, Yu Si Yu was beside herself with joy as she covered her mouth and smiled.

Yu Xiang unconsciously crushed the winter jasmine she was holding in her hand when she heard those words. The nectar from the flower slowly seeped along the gaps of her fingers and soiled her sleeve. She took a deep breath inwardly before taking an embroidered handkerchief from Liu Lu and leisurely wiped her palm as she smilingly said, "I won't trouble Eldest Sister to worry about me. Doesn't Eldest Sister know? The marriage between Chang Ya Fu and Elder Brother might not be possible. Elder Brother had expressed words that she will never set foot in the Marquis manor this lifetime."

"How could that be?" Yu Si Yu was stunned. Elder Brother was already twenty this year. Wouldn't it delay another year or two with the withdrawal of this marriage from Duke Jingguo manor? How could grandmother agree?

Yu Xiang didn't say much anymore. She beckoned Tao Hong and Liu Lu to push her back.

Yu Si Yu cursed a few words behind her back, then left angrily. As soon as she stepped into the small courtyard, she saw Qiu Shi ordering two old pozi who dragged and pulled the beaten to the verge of death and unconscious Qing Ya out.

Her marriage had just been settled with difficulty, so how could Yu Si Yu dared to cause any trouble. She quickly dodged to a side without uttering a word of hindrance. She only walked back after everyone was gone. She took a breather while lying down on the soft divan by the window feeling extremely tired after the rapid fluctuation of emotions from last night's desperation to delirious with delight this morning.