Chapter 94

There was a shortage of manpower everywhere and everything was in utter disarray. Yu Miao Qi wandered around like a headless fly for half a day before she grabbed a few servants to thoroughly clean up all the pathways.

Old Madam stood under the porch for a long while looking at the noisy courtyard before shaking her head and heaved a sigh, "With such a capability and you still want to worm your way to the Crown Prince's side. You have really overrated yourself."

Ma Momo dared not say anything and seeing the Marquis walking unhurriedly over with Third Young Miss in his arms, she went to prepare breakfast immediately.

After picking the Ninth Princess up at the entrance of the Imperial Palace, the Crown Princess came straight to the Marquis manor. The Ninth Princess threw herself into the arms of the Crown Princess and asked, "Sister-in-law, are you in good health now?"

Stroking her own rosy cheek, the Crown Princess replied with a smile, "I'm in excellent health." Although it had damaged the root of fertility in which she will have difficulty conceiving again, she, however, has given birth to a pair of twins under the bath of Taoist ray which is more rewarding than having a hundred children borned by those concubines. Moreover, the eldest Shu son is now pushed to her after the sudden death of Side Consort Xu, wouldn't he be at her disposal to mold him however she wants?

She had once believed she was at the end of the hills and streams with nowhere to go but as it turned out there was another picturesque village, so how could the Crown Princess not be happy and grateful? She even had the idea of acknowledging Yu Xiang as her god-sister but just gave up as she worried the Emperor and the Crown Prince would be suspicious of her having the intention of roping All Commander Yu.

"That's good. This glutinous rice cake is for you. Mother Emperor said that the jiji ceremony is very time-consuming, so let's eat something to pad our belly first." The Ninth Princess broke the pastry into halves of which half she gobbled up in a few bites and stuffed the other half into her sister-in-law's mouth without listening to the other party's protests.

The Crown Princess was almost fed into her nostrils by her and didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. She quickly snatched the pastry and ate one bite at a time slowly. Wiping her hands afterward, she asked, "How does Yu Xiang's twin-born sister look like and what's her temperament? She vaguely visited the residence during the full moon of Feng'er and Lin'er, except I can't remember much about it."

Thinking back carefully for a moment, The Ninth Princess spoke clearly, "She is very powerful and invincible."

The Crown Princess was astounded, "Invincible? How so?"

"Shameless people are invincible. She is already invincible." The Ninth Princess imitated Yu Xiang's mocking tone.

The Crown Princess really wanted to laugh but held it back forcibly and looked at the two court ladies sitting in the corner with questioning eyes. Both of them understood and moved closer to her ears to tell her all about Yu Miao Qi's intention to seek connection with the Crown Prince residence through the Ninth Princess.

As Yu Miao Qi is Yu Xiang's twin sister, she naturally has some favorable impressions for the other party but now listening to this narration, she felt really annoyed and ridiculed. Annoyed that these people had started to covet the Crown Prince even before she died and ridiculed these people for having such wishful thoughts and hallucinations.

"What's the matter Sister-in-law? Are you upset?" Noticing the rather stagnant atmosphere inside the carriage, the Ninth Princess put down the pastry as she blinked her eyes and looked very worried.

"Sister-in-law is fine. Okay, don't eat anymore else you will be restless in the carriage if you overeat. Silly girl, do stay away from Yu Miao Qi in the future." The Crown Princess pinched the chubby cheek of her little sister-in-law.