Chapter 97

In a state of panic, Ma Momo hurriedly greeted her, "Young Miss, why are you here? Are you feeling better?"

How could Yu Xiang still lie down when the feast of the Marquis manor had actually been poisoned. So, while she sent someone to inquire about the situation, she also sent someone next door to look for Divine Doctor Pu. As she is skillful in cultivating medicinal plants, Divine Doctor Pu deliberately bought a house next to the Marquis manor where he will send rare plants that he obtained to Yu Xiang to help him take care of them.

Although Divine Doctor Pu emphasizes on principles, he nevertheless is a commoner. Not only is his consultation fee exorbitant but he also opened a medicinal shop that specializes in selling the medicines he developed which prices are staggering. Since his master had saved the life of the Great Ancestor (founder of a dynasty), no one dared to touch him though many coveted his miracle medicines. Even Emperor Chengkang had to spend a lot of money to buy whenever he wished to take several bottles of pills or medicines as precautionary measures.

Now that Yu Xiang went to his house to beg, he eventually refused to take the bank draft and only wanted Yu Xiang to help him take care of the medicinal garden for three years. Hearing the report from the servant, Yu Xiang agreed with gritted teeth. Only then did she manage to obtain the Xizao pills that dispel sulfur toxicity and the dewdrops nourishing facial cream before ordered someone to decoct a few pots of mung bean juice then sent them over promptly.

"My Marquis Yongle manor has no grievances nor enmity towards everyone here and it's also not worthwhile to blatantly do this at the jiji ceremony as wouldn't such action no difference from self-destruction? It most likely defraud of an unscrupulous merchant who deceived the superiors and duped the subordinates of my family's servant to buy the inferior jujubes that led to such mishap. Do think about it, ladies. If there were enough dishes, would the jujubes be served? And if they were not served, they would all have gone into my Grandmother's stomach. It's also everyone's sufferings that prevented the misfortune of my Grandmother. Yu Xiang felt really guilt-ridden yet deeply grateful. This is the Xizao Pill made by Divine Doctor Pu, go and give it to the Crown Princess and others to take. Don't forget the mung bean juice too which could help relieve a little of the throat burned by sulfur."

Yu Xiang cupped both hands and apologized with a humbly attitude that was full of sincerity as soon as she entered the door. After speaking that, she went straight to Old Madam who was about to pass out and stuffed a Xizao pill into her mouth before taking the mung bean juice.

"Why are you here? There's nothing to do here, go back quickly." Yu Pin Yan squeezed her cold fingers.

"How can I not come after the happening of such a big incident at the Marquis manor?" Yu Xiang smiled bitterly while cold sweat dripped from her forehead. Seeing her elder brother raising his hand to help wipe her sweat, she quickly dodged and shouted at the door, "Bring the things up."

Liu Lu led a group of servants in, each holding a potted plant and a brocade box. The potted plants were exotic flowers and herbs rarely seen in Great Han which were priceless in the market outside. As many of the female guests here love flowers, their eyes lit up immediately.

Taking one of the brocade boxes, Yu Xiang opened it for the female guests to check it out as she smiled and said, "To show self-reproach, this girl has prepared a small gift for all the ladies here. Once the matter of the Marquis manor is over, this girl will surely come to the door with my Elder Brother to make amends in person."

The eyes of the female guests brightened while the previous indignant and panic were all replaced by pleasant surprises, none other for what was placed in the box which was the legendary sacred dewdrops nourishing facial cream which only sold five jars a month at Divine Doctor Pu's medicinal shop that not even with money one could grab it. Which woman does not care about their appearances? This gift of Yu Xiang simply appeased their hearts.