Chapter 75

After driving Yu Miao Qi away, Yu Xiang smiled and said, "Let's talk about it, why did you come to me?"

"Today is the full moon[1] of my little nephew and niece. My sister-in-law asked me to invite you to their full moon reception."

"I have already received the invitation, what's the need for you to come invite me personally? Your face is pointy now, there must be something hidden in your heart?"

As she spoke, Tao Hong served a plate of pastries and kept herself far away with the two court ladies. The Ninth Princess has been laden with anxiety recently and refused to open her mouth when she was asked. Seeing the soft flesh on her cheeks no longer able to be pinched, the Empress was burning with concern and decided to let her out of the Imperial Palace to drive her anxiety away after a consultation.

As expected, she immediately came looking for Yu Xiang to pour her trouble out.

Looking around and seeing no one nearby, the Ninth Princess leaned towards Yu Xiang then simultaneously pulled open her collar and whispered, "I've been having a lot of pain here lately, and it's so uncomfortably swollen that I don't even dare move around in my sleep. Can you help take a look if there are any malignant sores. I've been using safflower oil every day but it's not working at all, instead it's getting worse."

Although the Ninth Princess doesn't know much matters, she does know that this part is absolutely too bashful to speak about to anyone. She has not been allowing the court ladies to wait upon her during her daily bath and will wrap herself up hurriedly in her underclothes then bore under the quilt on bed before secretly rubbing while shedding tears. The scene is just too miserable and sad. It's not easy to get a bottle of the safflower oil yet not only was it useless instead it caused that part to ache like fire scorched while the swelling is getting bigger than before.

Thus, she became more afraid to tell anyone and hurriedly rushed to find Yu Xiang as soon as she left the Imperial Palace.

Yu Xiang peeked inside her collar and saw two red slight bulges on her chest with a strong scent of safflower oil. Promptly turning her head away, Yu Xiang fanned the air and as she did so, she eventually lied prone on the stone table and laughed, so much so that she almost rolled out of her wheelchair.

The Ninth Princess stared at her with increased trepidation that even her breathing became lightened, "Can this strange disease of mine be cured?"

"No, it can't." Yu Xiang laughed so hard that she gasped.

The Ninth Princess's eyes were tearing up with anxiety and despair, "Then how many days do I have left to live? How should I tell my Emperor Father, Empress Mother and my Elder Brother?" By nature, she knows that illness in such a place can not be told to others, or else why would it have to be covered up with dudou[2] from a young age?

"Wait, wait, I'll talk to you after I've caught my breath." Yu Xiang waved her hand and laughed for a while more before pointing at her own chest as she spoke, "Take a good look, see any difference between you and me?"

She is wearing a transparent blouse made of chiffon gauze with a rounded embroidery tube top and a misty silk skirt. This is the most fashionable wear in the Great Han Dynasty currently. The close-fitting tailoring outlines the perfect body curve of a girl; protruded round breast with tiny waist that is within a grasp and cow's milk-like snowy-white smooth skin vaguely concealed within the blouse that without careful scrutinized, it is still fine but under close examined, pent-up heat would evoke from the eyeballs.

The Ninth Princess merely felt somewhat thirsty when she stared unwavering at the white smooth chest of Lotus Seed Cake.

"Can you give me a cup of honeyed tea?" When she said that, her eyeballs did not move away at all.