Chapter 137

Yu Pin Yan opened his eyes, and instinctively hugged the warm body in his arms a little tighter; his breathing gradually became deeper.

Yu Xiang rolled over and mumbled indistinctly, "Don't fool around anymore. It's time to attend court."

"Today is my day off." Yu Pin Yan chuckled softly as he embraced his wife from behind.

Tao Hong and Liu Lu, who originally wanted to enter to attend to their master in the morning, heard the movements in the room and retreated with a crimson face. The two of them did not rise until the sun was up, then went to pay respects to the Old Madam.

"Quickly come over to have breakfast. I've been waiting for you two all morning." The Old Madam scolded them but she had a doting smile on her face.

The two of them apologised. After they sat down, Yu Xiang grabbed a crystal prawn dumpling[1] with her chopsticks. Just after she took a bite, she spat it out with a <wah>. She muttered, "It smells so fishy. The cook must have forgotten to remove the fishy taste this time."

The Old Madam tasted one, sighed helplessly and commented, "It tastes the same as usual for me. I'm getting old and my sense of taste is getting worse."

"Don't eat it if it's fishy. Drink some congee." Yu Pin Yan served his wife a bowl of fish congee. Then used his fingertips to wipe the sauce from the corner of her mouth, then placed it in his mouth and sucked it.

"This is also fishy." Yu Xiang only gave it a light sniff before turning her head away in disgust. "What's wrong with the head cook? Is he sick? He's not as good as he used to be today."   

Yu Pin Yan took a sip. He really couldn't taste anything fishy. He cast this matter aside and asked Tao Hong to ask for a bowl of noodles in the kitchen. Since Yu Xiang loved cilantro, Tao Hong garnished a thick layer of cilantro on top of the chicken. The creamy and delicious chicken soup became more fragrant with the addition of the green and lush cilantro.

Yu Xiang was satisfied after taking a whiff of the cilantro. She took her chopsticks, mixed them well before putting it in her mouth. She immediately spat it out again. "Where on earth did they buy this cilantro? Why does it smell funny? It stinks!"

"How come? Isn't that what cilantro tastes like?" The Old Madam put a piece of cilantro in her bowl and gave it a taste. Her face was filled with puzzlement.

Yu Pin Yan didn't even bother tasting it. He simply waved his hand and asked the kitchen staff to change it again. The food, which was Yu Xiang's favourite food, changed consecutively four or five times. She rejected them all for the same reason or it was revolting. Yu Pin Yan did not dare to delay it any further. He immediately took out his name card[2] and asked a servant to request for the Imperial Physician.

  ......

"Your Ladyship is pregnant. It has been more than two months now. The fetus is very stable. Please rest assured, Your Grace." The Imperial Physician rose to congratulate them. The announcement immediately stunned the people in the room including the involved party, Yu Xiang.

"I'm pregnant? But my menstruation came last month." Yu Xiang rubbed her belly in a daze.

Upon hearing this, Yu Pin Yan immediately suppressed the elation in his heart and ordered, "Imperial Physician, check my wife's pulse carefully once more."

"Don't worry, Your Grace. Her Ladyship's body is fine. Some people do have their menstruation in the first two months of pregnancy. Although it is different from normal people, it is not harmful to their bodies. This lowly subject will prescribe a few medicines for Her Ladyship, and she will be fine after taking them for two or three days."