Chapter 67

The Old Madam closed her eyes and reclined on the ta[1]. She remained silent as she pressed her thumb against her temples, obviously signified that she was getting a headache. The Fang family made a huge ruckus and they couldn't be dissuaded. The Li family was renowned as a family of scholars. They treasured their feathers[2] the most, and they quickly annulled the marriage. The easiest solution would be to marry Yu Si Yu off and then send them out of the capital.

But she was still her biological granddaughter. How could she knowingly push her into a fire pit? The Old Madam couldn't make up her mind. Nevertheless, it was better to wait for Yan'er to return. Yan'er will surely find a way to resolve this! Her expression eased at that thought.

Yu Miao Qi was paying close attention to her expression. She guessed that she was about to give in and immediately tugged Lin Shi.

Lin Shi scolded Yu Xiang, and then ordered someone to send the delirious Yu Si Yu back. She put on a gentle and kind expression like a good mother, then turned back and pleaded, "Mother, things have been blown out of proportion. It's better to send someone to pacify the mother and son quickly. Aren't they just coveting for that little dowry Yu Si Yu has? Let's send a sedan chair stuffed with a few hundred taels of gold and silver to them, and get them out of here! What do you think, Mother? As long as they remain in the capital, our Marquis manor will never be at peace, and many people will be watching and treating us like a joke behind our backs."

The Old Madam appeared to be persuaded by what she had said. She thought that her grandson was already busy enough. As an elder, these kinds of family affairs should be handled by her instead of distracting her grandson. She thought that her grandson was already busy enough. 

As she was about to open her mouth and agree, Yu Xiang spoke, "There's no hurry. Elder Brother will have a solution. We can't let anyone just defile the daughter of Marquis Yongle manor for nothing."

As soon as she said that, the Old Madam seemed to have found her pillar of support and nodded her head without any hesitation.

Lin Shi gnashed on her teeth in anger while Yu Miao Qi looked down and secretly snickered. Asking Yu Pin Yan to personally handle that Fang family's mother and son? If that's the case, it's just as well that she had already prepared the next bucket of 'dirty water'[3] to be of use.

She supported Lin Shi and returned to the main courtyard. Then, she took a box of expensive bird's nest and went to the east courtyard, where she saw Yu Si Yu lying on the bed, quietly weeping and appeared dejected.

"Elder Sister, you must pull yourself together." She ran over in a few steps and helped Yu Si Yu up. Then, she asked a maidservant to bring a soft pillow to place it behind her back. She lowered her voice and said, "Wouldn't it bring pain to your loved ones and joy to your enemies if you behaved like that? Have you given thoughts to whom would be the happiest if you fell?"

"Naturally, it's that bitch, Yu Xiang!" When Yu SI Yu heard this, she appeared to come back to life. The brocade blanket was scrunched in her hands until a few strands of silk brocade fell off.

"Exactly." Yu Miao Qi gently patted the other's hand and continued, "I believe my Elder Sister is innocent and wouldn't do such a thing. However, why did Elder Sister's Dudou[4] appear in Fang Zhi Chen's hands? Who secretly gave it to him? His family was already in ruins and they can't even afford a meal, so where did they get the money to go to the capital? They had also rented a three-room courtyard in Bai Hua Jing alley. Elder Sister, please think about who you have offended to have done so much harm to you. Don't be so melancholy and fall into that person's trap!"

After she said that, she picked up the scissors and held them in her palm tightly. It was as if she also sympathised with her and said as she choked with emotions, "It's regretful that I don't have much footing since I just returned home. Otherwise, I will definitely look for that person for the sake of Elder Sister's reputation."