Chapter 17

Little Qiu'er repeatedly exclaimed with Yu Xiang's sleight of hand in conjuring the camellia flower. She didn't feel wronged even when a box of pastries was swindled into Yu Xiang's belly as she glued to her and refused to leave.

The old momo was given order to bring the Ninth Princess to acquaint with the other noble girls but instead she hid herself in a corner, unwilling to go which was truly a little worrisome.

The Ninth Princess was unsociable and exceedingly shy with strangers. The selection of her study companion was not like all the other princesses or appointed by the Empress as it would only be doable if the Ninth Princess actually likes her. For the sake of guarding against those tactless noble girls from scaring her should they surrounded and fawned over her, the Empress purposely dressed her ordinarily.

If under this circumstance, an unwitting noble girl was willing to befriend and gained the Ninth Princess' fondness then this matter would be regarded as accomplished.

The old momo was both moved and hesitated when she glanced at Yu Xiang's leg. She presumed that this little girl should be the Di daughter of the Marquis Yongle manor who sacrificed herself to save her elder brother. There was indeed nothing to comment about her behavior as well as her extremely nimble and witty temperament, yet the trouble was with her legs as it could be kind of torture for her to enter the palace everyday being the study companion even though it was supposed to be a pleasant task for others.

Anyway, she would just report to the Empress and let her make the decision.

Yu Xiang who knew nothing about the identity of Little Qiu'er was lifting her blanket to allow the other party to look at her injured legs at this moment.

Little Qiu'er squatted down and slowly extended her finger to lightly poked, then loudly exclaimed, "It's soft!"

Did this little child think she couldn't walk because her legs were made of wood! Yu Xiang didn't know whether to laugh or to cry as she pinched her tender cheek, "Of course it's soft!"

"Why can't it walk then?" The Ninth Princess blinked her big round eyes.

"See, there are two gems inside here but were destroyed by the bad guys. I will have to find the suitable gems to replace it before I can walk again." Yu Xiang casually fabricated a wild tale while pointing at her kneecaps. She wasn't able to explain the medical theory to a seven or eight year-old child as she would certainly get crazy answering more questions.

The corners of the old momo mouth raised up. She had never really seen a noble girl that could fabricate such a tale.

Little Qiu'er was dumbstruck when she heard that. She kept groping Yu Xiang's kneecaps as if she was admiring a miracle and straightened up. A while later, she untied a small pouch from her waistband and handed it over to Yu Xiang, "For you!"

The old momo's eyes got darkened.

Yu Xiang took the small pouch to look at it and chuckled soon after. There were actually several large gems inside; sheer transparent jadeite, garishly colorful tourmaline, glittering clear crystal and glossy smooth chalcedony which must be exceptionally valuable. This child was truly too adorable!

"Hurry and replace it." Little Qiu'er poked her arms urgingly.

Yu Xiang shook her heads, "These gems are not the right ones." She reached out and rubbed the extremely disappointed child as she continued with a deep smile, 'Many thanks to Little Qiu'er. Don't worry, my elder brother will find me the right gems and I will get back on my feet again someday."

As she explained, she tied the small pouch back to the child's waistband then smilingly took a quick glance at the tensed face of the old momo. What did she take her, Yu Xiang for? A trash that fabricates a tale to swindle a child's money? It was totally absurd to think that she would care about such little things when the shoes she wore in her previous lifetime were diamond studded.