Chapter 19

There were a lot of people setting off festive lanterns on the riverside and knowing that Little Qiu'er was shy with strangers, Yu Xiang deliberately picked a secluded corner.

The entire river was full with the lotus-like lanterns floating around. Pink lights were swaying along the undulating surface of the river which was beautiful as an imaginary illusion, as though the galaxy had fallen from heaven. Mosquitoes and moths were seen flitting along the lights, gathered above the lanterns with buzzing sounds incited by their wings which attracted schools of whitebaits trudging along which might leap up to the surface for feeding.

The refined people would simply feel that the lanterns, the river, the people, the stars in the sky and the galaxy on earth were beautiful. However, the unrefined people would feel the sight of trapping the fishes was more beautiful than these lanterns candlelights on the river.

Yu Xiang and Little Qiu'er were precisely the only two unrefined people in Xihe garden.

A big carp leaped out of the water and caught a moth before dropping back into the river creating a glittering splash.

Little Qiu'er clapped her hands as she was unable to contain her joy.

Yu Xiang propped up her cheek with one hand, licked her lip and whispered, "This fish must be at least two catties in weight and the meat must be absolutely tasty as it grew in such a clear river. It will be good if it can be prepared into sweet and sour carp." She rubbed her stomach and heaved a long sigh, "I am actually a little hungry."

A foodie would always sympathized with another foodie when Little Qiu'er also promptly nodded her head and chimed in, "I am hungry too!"

Her master had never played so happily for a long time thus the old Momo smilingly cut in, "Two little masters please wait for a moment, Nubi will go get some food over." As two of Yu Xiang's maidservants were here and they were also in the imperial garden, she was utterly at ease leaving her master here while she left. But who would have thought that the moment she just departed, along came a group of malevolence noble girls.

Their leader was about twelve or thirteen and dressed in extreme luxury. The rest was just following about two steps behind and indistinctly led by her. The beautiful girl whom Yu Xiang saw before was also mingled in this crowd with Yu Si Yu.

"Give me the lantern!" The girl immediately rushed towards Little Qiu'er with her hand stretched out when she got closer and her tone of voice was insufferably arrogant.

Little Qiu'er was intimidated and hastily hid behind Yu Xiang while staunchly shaking her head.

Tao Hong and Liu Lu stepped forward to stop but were dragged away by two old pozi who the girl brought along and covered their mouths with handkerchiefs. The whole action was carried through so smoothly that it was rather done proficiently.

"This priceless sacred Nirvana lantern was a tribute from the Tianzhu (India) country to the Great Han Dynasty and the only one in this world. So, are you deserving of it? Give it to me!" She overbearingly took a few steps forward.

Little Qiu'er hastily avoided her and went to the other side of Yu Xiang.

Seeing that Little Qiu'er simply refused to give her the lantern, she was somewhat filled with anger and made a sudden move to snatch it.

Though Yu Xiang was fond of children, she really disliked those unreasonable brats. Hence with her extremely protective nature, she instantly flared up and pushed the girl away before sneeringly said, "You dare to bully my Qiu'er and also secretly capture my maidservants. Do you believe I would splash the lantern oil onto your face?"